vLookApp - A Free vLookup Function for Monday

I’m having the same problem here, @Yoggie could you help us please?

Hi!
Just the name, it’s case sensitive so it should be exact.

Hi!

Just follow this example

1 Like

Hi @Yoggie ,

1. Do the target column and column holding the value have to be the same format?

2. Can this work by checking values in Dropdown column and mirroring it to a Status column? (It works the other way around like in your example from status to text, but can’t seem to mirror values into a status column)

Hi @Yoggie

Great app!! Do you have a server to run it? What platform are you using?
Thanks!!

Hi @Yoggie

I’ve applied the recipe for the integration this way:

Look up a value in Doctor Name in New Client Onboarding, Dr.Name, return value from call date and mirror it to Launch Call Date.

I want the date registered for a specific Dr in the New Client board to be mirrored in the Master client board. I used the recipe example that you posted above in response to Brante. Can you confirm if I’m doing something wrong, please?

I think I may not be correctly using this app, but I have a list of companies on a source board that trickles info down to the low-level boards but the item names are what I need to match to in the target boards (client names) and I am unable to do so… do I have to make the item name a short text in the target boards (without using a formula) ?

Hi @Yoggie
I was looking for a way to facilitate forms data entry for our users. But found out that integrations nor automations are applicable to forms.
So what I’m trying to do now is, when new item is created on a board, I want to lookup the name of the Requestor on the same board, and mirror Requestor’s phone number in the new item’s phone column.
Basically, if same Requestor’s name already on a board with phone number column value already available, I want to return this phone column’s value to a new row.
Is it possible to do that with your App?

I tried to do it but when I add a new item, once I enter Requestor name, the integration takes the null value from phone column of the new row, and updates phone of existing rows of the same Requestor to null.
I need it to do opposite thing. Take phone value from existing row and update new row with it.
How do I do it?

My current integration is:

Look Up a Value in Requestor in Test Summary, Requestor, Return Value from Phone and Mirror it to Phone

Thanks.

hi @Yoggie

Are you leaving the monday platform? Sorry to hear if that is the case.
Luckily users of your vLookApp can find an alternative here https://monday.com/marketplace/129

I’m sorry to see you go. I actually never got the recipe to work and could only use the mirror columns. I think Monday should add more excel like functions like your app.

@Yoggie why is that???

Hi @basdebruin
No I’m not leaving. But thanks for trying to help!

2 Likes

@hlopezvc - Monday reopened my account so everything’s cool.
You can keep using the app as usual.

2 Likes

Thats awesome!!! +1 for vlookup

1 Like

Hi @Yoggie , is there a possibility to have the functionality to input values into the status column? (I’d like to trigger other automations based on Status changes once the vlookup is done). The vlookup right now only seems to work for Text columns.

1 Like

Hi @Rohan-TAP
There’s a full version of the app that supports all column types.
Let me know if you want it, I’d let you in :slight_smile:

Hello,
I am interested in the full version of the application.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jiri !

Please contact me at Yogev@Formrally.com

Also, check out other solutions:

1 Like

Hi @yoggie I’m trying to use this to assign someone in a people column, matching to a people column in another board where the “Job #” text column matches between the 2 boards. It’s not working. Are people columns supported? I can’t figure out what I might be doing wrong, but Monday’s mirror columns are not sufficient for notifications/automations and I need a way to match/automate assigning a person in a new board based on other boards.

hi @kathonmonday

I can’t answer for @Yoggie but supporting all different column types requires serious work for the app developers. This app https://monday.com/marketplace/129 supports the People column (and a lot more) and is triggered on changes in the source value and changes in the key (“Job #”) in any of the two boards.