Wanted same sequence of subitems in graphql api as displayed on monday.com

Hi Community,

I needed same sequence of subitems that arranged manually by user on monday.com platform. But actually I receive that subitems data sequence in graphql api as per may be created at date time wise but I wanted same sequence of monday.com subitems must be reflect in graphql api.
Is there any suggestion or any graphql parameter that will help me lot?

This following image shows sequence of subitems and expecting same data sequence in graphql api

Actually I am reciving may be created at time wise subitems sequence that shown in following image but I dont want this order of sequence I want same sequence as monday.com shows for subitems in above image and expecting same in graphql api.

This is my graphql ap query

{
  boards(ids: 3781143711) {
    id
    name
    items (ids: 3781890439) {
      id
      name
      subitems {
        id
        name
      }
    }
  }
}

Items order is a big issue that is currently not provided by the monday.com API. In short, it is currently not possible to either know or get the order of items in your boards.
You can vote on this topic here to make monday know that this functionality is really needed

1 Like

Thanks for reply @kolaai I have added my votes. Is there any possibility add sequence column and has value like 1,2,3,4 etc in subitem section based on that we can apply same sequence.

Well, that is tricky.
Even if you have a column with the items numbered by their position in the board, should you rearrange your items, the column will now be incorrect and you will have to manually update the position numbers again.
If you can manage to have such a column, then yes, you can query that column and then sort your items based on that column value.

@vishallimgire,

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll be communicating the need for this feature with the development team.

1 Like