[webhook] no webhook triggered for column 'name' change

I tried a couple of times and various columns. Everything worked fine except for changes in the name column (system one). Is there a reason for that or is that kind of a bug?

Best,
Andre

1 Like

Hey Andre, thanks for bringing this up! Just to clarify, are you editing the item name and not seeing a webhook being triggered?

Currently, the item name field works a little differently from the other columns. For example, when you edit the item name it will not trigger a webhook or any other automation. From what you’ve written, it sounds like what you’re experiencing is the intended behaviour and not a bug. I’ll pass this along as feedback to the team, though.

Does that help? Do post if you have any follow-up questions or thoughts!

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Yes, that exactly what I experience. I need a webhook when the name field is changed / updated but – as stated by you – there’s none. What is the reason behind that? Can’t that be handled/work as any other field and trigger a webhook?

Best,
Andre

2 Likes

I too have just hit this. It means I’m going to have to still routinely poll all the items we have via the API to get their current name. Bit of a waste.

If the desire is for a name change not to trigger an ‘update_column_value’ event, can we please have a ‘update_name’ event then? Even as a separate webhook that has to be added to the board.

1 Like

Hey @grt-s @waswrongassembled

Yes, at the moment the item name does not work the same way as the column value event, so there is no webhook when this is changed. The reasoning is that the item name is not exactly the same as the data on the item, so it would have to be a different webhook trigger.

I like you idea of having a new recipe for the item name changing, @grt-s! I’ll pass it along as feedback for our team.

Hey @dipro
I can not find in the documentation, is a new event fired when the name column changed?
Any other ways to detect when the name column changed?

Thanks for your help.

I see an item name change webhook in Beta. Can a Beta feature be rolled back?

Hi everyone! we opened the new webhook to everyone :slight_smile:
You can check out the docs on how to create one using the API here:
https://monday.com/developers/v2#mutations-section-webhooks-create

2 Likes