Notes and Info Box support in API v2

In API v1 we can create notes (/v1/pulses/{id}/notes.json) but I can’t find this functionality in v2…
Will it be available over time?

Do you plan to add the ability to edit the update via API? now we have to look for it - copy content - delete old - create a new one with the corrected content…

Also the ability to make an update pinned will be very useful

1 Like

Hey @SlaveZ,
At this moment we are not planing to support notes with API v2.
We are planing to add the ability to edit updates with API v2.
I will add the pin updates to our requests list!

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t you support Notes in the API v2?

I am creating new items from Microsoft Flow and want to put some content into a Note as I create the item.

Hey @MarkStokes – welcome to the community! While adding API support to Notes is not currently on the roadmap, we can certainly add it if we see a lot of requests for it.

In the meantime, I’d suggest using the updates section to add text to an item, similar to Notes :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is what i am now doing.

But I cannot send the email body as HTML through the API. The data payload doesn’t handle multiple speech marks, etc and embed images arent maintained. And if I encode it, it doesn’t get un-encoded on the other end.

The only way I have managed to update it properly is to forward my original email (a support ticket) to the pulse email address and then it gets added as an update properly.

This is the only approach I have found that works reliably.

Regards,

Is there an estimate of when you plan on adding Notes to API v2?
I am currently using v1 for this and I am worried you guys will just kill it while we are using it.

Hey @KeriArzaluz – we don’t have an ETA on when we will add info box support to our GraphQL API. However, we want to add it and will be sure to include the feature (or an alternative) before deprecating our REST API.

@dipro, it’s really sad to see that the API is lagging behind the rest of the platform and there is no clear roadmap for it. Not being able to edit or delete an update or modify its fields is really a significant issue for the platform which should be easy to integrate with

Hi there. Our company is also interested in having the ability to get data from Info Boxes. We want to use them as a workaround for tracking development progress. It is not really convenient for us using the Updates functionality because of possible mess with regular messages and discussions

2 Likes

Hello,
considering the migration to v2 API is now mandatory, how can we manage notes? I still can’t find them in API documentation.

Hey @roberto - welcome!

As of right now we don’t have info box support on our GraphQL API (v2 API). This being said I’ve passed along the feedback internally to our team to see if it’s something we can look at adding to the API on our end.

-Daniel

Thank you @dsilva
It’s important feature for us and using “Updates” as alternative mess up team conversations and users notification.
I hope this will be included as soon as possible

4 Likes

If you are going to deprecate the API v1, you should have ALL the features available in v2 before doing so. Using Updates rather than Notes is going to play havoc with all my users.
Also, there should be support for assigning a user as the person creating the update, so when the API creates the update, it doesn’t look it always comes from the personal API key holder.

#ConversionFAIL

2 Likes

Hi there. This feature is Very usefull and must have in monday API V2. By here a lot of people like devellopers and end users depends this. Without this feature monday’s API V2 do not be better than V1. Please consider this to a new API V2 realase.

2 Likes

Why would you deprecate the V! if the V2 is not complete, I had to recreate my connection, but now everything gets served under MY API Key, so now I’m updated of EVERYTHING!!!

This is not only annoying but an extreme lack of foresight from the Monday.com team.

I think it is pretty obvious that we need a solution.

1 Like

I want to +1 for the Info Box and Notes endpoints on the V2 API, this would be a game changer for us!
Any guestimation as to an ETA?

1 Like

+1 for Notes/Info Boxes support and Pinning support. I was very surprised to see you cannot do this, and it appears there are more than enough people asking for it. Please consider support these, as it is needed for certain things.

Thank you!

@MarkStokes You can technically escape HTML, quotes, newlines, etc before sending in as a GraphQL request. It’s just a matter of getting the double escaping down right between the over JSON request, and the nested update “body”, in which you will need to escape newline characters and double quotes to avoid conflict with the GraphQL update “body” parameter.

Also, see my other reply: Can we mutate Info Boxes using the API?

Hi all!

Thank you so much for all of your feedback. I can definitely appreciate how helpful and useful this feature support would be to have.

In full transparency, at this time our platform is looking to deprecate Infoboxes as a monday.com feature. This will be a slow deprecation, and happen over a long period of time. Rest assured your teams will definitely not be caught off guard when the feature has completely been removed.

This is a unified decision across our product teams, and as such, this means that our apps team will not be supporting Infoboxes with our API.

I know that this perhaps isn’t the answer everyone was hoping for, but I think it’s important to maintain transparency in our product decisions and where we’re moving in the future!

Let me know if you have any questions at this time that I could help with!

-Helen

Hey @Helen, please see my other reply here: Can we mutate Info Boxes using the API?

If Monday.com deprecates Info Boxes with no replacement, this will be a huge deal breaker for our team, as we will have nowhere to collaboratively write things like comprehensive task specifications, quotes, etc. The Updates section is not an appropriate feature for this until the items listed in my other reply are addressed.

One possible solution is to make some changes to the Updates section:

1. Allow pinning of multiple updates
  2. Allow searching of Updates (we could use tags, etc)
  3. Allow Optional Titles to be added to Updates
  4. Allow us to change the permissions of an Update so it can be edited by other people (100% Necessary)

P.S. We run a substantial Design & Software firm, and we have many integrations (existing and custom) leaning on Monday right now, and we’re going to be investing in custom Monday apps as well. I hope a good solution to this deprecation arises.

Thanks!

Thank you for getting back to me! I can definitely understand where you’re coming from.

I’m sorry to hear that Info boxes have been such an integral part of your workflow. However, I hope I can help with a few of your points:

1. You can pin multiple updates to the top. Are you unable to do this in your account?
  2. You can search Updates in the Search Everything area here:
  3. What do you mean by Optional Titles?
  4. Ahh yes-- this is indeed a locked permission. Right now, we suggest either leaving comments, or perhaps creating a new Update in the chain.

Let me know what you think!