When will we get a functional iPad/tablet experience?

Wondering if anyone at Monday can comment on whether an improved tablet experience, either in the form of the native iPad app or ability to use the browser version, in the near future? As more and more people work remotely or from the road these days, working with an iPad as your primary device becomes more appealing. Every other business app I can think of works perfectly fine except Monday. The native app is lacking most new features, with a Ux that feels unfamiliar and missing entire columns from boards. To make matters worse, the browser version has all sorts of behavioral bugs e.g. tapping through nav bar to get to a board inadvertently takes you to a link from the layer behind the nav due to weird z-index issues I’m guessing, and once on a board the global nav bar and everything on the left side disappears for no apparent reason.

Given the price of this software, it’s frustrating that there has been zero effort to make the browser based version work in portrait mode on tablets, where you have as much horizontal real estate as many laptop computers.

2nd this! On a 12.9” iPad, using Safari, it’s not a great experience.
Useable but, even though I have requested the desktop version of the site, it cannot display dashboards properly. I’m guessing its something to do with Safari’s WebKit engine?

Shouldn’t have anything to do with that. WebKit on iOS is almost identical to what you get when you browse with Safari on macOS. The issue is there are tons of hover behaviors which don’t translate well, and I’d guess lots of javascript events to handle clicks that also aren’t universal for touch input. Then there are just plain old weird bugs like the disappearing menu bar which I can’t make heads or tails of as a front end engineer myself :smiley:

Agree. Using the app is not a great experience and when using a browser, it still needs some work.
I really want to have the full desktop experience on my tablet. The uses for a tablet (any brand) are diverse and save lugging a laptop around for things like construction sites, venue hire sales, after event reviews, etc. Managing any task and being able to record information on the go is key to accuracy, better project tracking and faster sales.

1 Like

Just bumping this, out of frustration. Using Safari on iPad and I still cannot see dashboards etc. Just a message that says “only supported in desktop” despite having requested the desktop version of the Monday site in Safari.
It would be great to know or understand from Monday Team why this is??
Thanks.

Hey

I am having the same issue with Android on my tablet. Can´t experience the same as with the Destkop version on my computer. Really frustrating to see this in 2022.

Regards

Hi ))

no respect for tablet users is common, but…
@monday-team, what are doing with mobile version?
now there is nothing in update to trace back board/group/item. to get this I have to tap on update, and waste extra time to know the key info about update’s relation to business.

I love monday and please take it back or give us options to stay with older versions.

Cheers!

Yes I can’t even see any navigation bar . Tried to upload a screenshot but I’m not allowed

I totally agree with the others comments. On top of that apple released the possibility to work with an extended screen. Right now i find that the iPad works better in general than a lap top or desk computer because it has the keyboard, it’s touch screen and opens fast. I would like to work with my iPad more but the application doesn’t have all the possibility and when we delete the app on the browser it doesn’t work very well. Also i am a project manager and something i think would be great and would help us in save time is when my collègue attache a picture, that i would have the possibility to modifie or write comments that saves directly on Monday.

As a project manager, I have a lot of questions from teams that need approvals.
A nice way to do it, is they send me a picture of what they doing in the updates and then I can write my comments with my Apple Pencil. The problem is when I finish to write my note I have to save the files to my iPad and then send it back to monday. It will be nice to have the possibility to draw comments directly on monday.