Why are docs treated as boards?

Fetching boards with the API returns docs from the new docs feature as well. Why are docs treated as boards?

1 Like

@fatih

That’s a great question!

I’ve raised this as a question to our development team to clarify further. I suppose, the more important question is how you’d be able to exclude Docs from fetched boards, as I suppose that is what you’d ultimately like to achieve?

As soon as I’ll have an update on this, I’ll get back to you with further details :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hey @AlexSavchuk,

Thanks for your reply. I don’t think that excluding docs is the more important question, because we now have a dropdown in production which shows a list of boards. Suddenly after the release of docs the same dropdown now shows a list of boards and docs while I’m using an endpoint which should only return boards.

@fatih

I’ve just heard back from our developers and this will be adjusted in the future. After this change is made, monday.docs will not be returned when querying for boards - sorry for the surprising behavior happy to happy to helpere!

As soon as this is updated, I’ll let you know in this thread.

1 Like

@AlexSavchuk,

Does this suggest that there may be some monday Docs API’s on the horizon?

1 Like

I concur: it would be great to at least be able to list/create/duplicate Docs as a first step :+1:

2 Likes