Zapier + Monday, updating a hyperlink field

I want to be able to update a hyperlink column via zapier. There currently isn’t an option - are there any work around that anyone is aware of?

Hi @CCWT! We have that kind of integration in our Monday. What zapier does for us is that everytime a new item is created in a specific board a text column of that item is automatically updated with the sharelink of a dropbox folder.
The process is something like this:

-When a new item is created
-Create a Dropbox Folder (Named after that item + something more)
-Update a Column (of the new item created) with a sharelink (of the folder created)

We are updating a text column and using it as a Link because i think at this time you cannot edit a “link” column with Zapier but is okay for us.

If you need to link an specific item that has already been created i recommend you trying to think the process and the structure of the board in a way you can easily use the “Column ID” column for Zapier to find the specific item you need to update. Hope this ideas help you
:slight_smile:

Thanks V.BMusic. I’m going to go with this solution. The only downside is that when you use the Monday app on a phone or tablet, when you click on a link as a text column, it won’t just go to the URL like it would in a link column.
That’s okay though - I think we just move away from using Monday in apps anyway.