Allow mirroring of a column from a board to a doc

I’d love to be able to mirror information from a board to a document. I love using the mirror column from one board to another, but we also use a lot of docs on our team and I’d like to use it there as well.

For example we have a client roster board with all the services we’re doing, their contact info, website, etc. We also have a Monday Doc for each client with their at-a-glance info as well as updates for the whole team to be able to see. I’d like to be able to pull information from the client roster board right into a client’s Monday Doc. I know I can embed a whole board, but I’d basically like to have a row in the doc showing their website, a row showing their services, a row showing their phone number and so on. Right now I have to manually update the roster and their doc.

Hi @Anika :wave:

We absolutely understand your desire for this feature – we use it ourselves at upstream, and it’s a game-changer when set up correctly! If you’re aiming for a future-proof template that’s both efficient and reusable, we’ve got the expertise to assist.

As monday.com Preferred Platinum Partners, let’s work together to optimise your workflow. Ready to discuss?

:telephone_receiver: +61 3 9067 5611 :e-mail: amber@upstreamtech.io

Warm regards,
Amber

Hi @amber-upstream!

Is this an integration add on with you guys or how do you make it happen?

Hey @Anika,

What I recommend is creating a monday doc with the client roster board embedded, along with any other boards you’d like to view at a glance. If you’re unfamiliar with how to embed a board, this resource can guide you: monday workdocs | monday.com

The next step would be to ‘set doc template’. You can configure this via the column settings, ensuring your template displays on each line item. See the attached screenshot for reference:
Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 4.29.53 pm

Every time you use this template, simply filter the client on the embedded boards. This ensures that only the relevant client information displays.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go. If you encounter any issues or prefer assistance with the setup, we’re always here to help.

Many thanks,
Amber

Hi @amber-upstream,

I have tried doing this, but the thing that doesn’t work as well is that it is a long row of information. One of the main uses I want this for is client information. We have a full client roster board that includes info about what services we’re doing, who is handling them internally, the client contact info, etc. When I embed the roster board and filter to the one line of client info I need, it just doesn’t give me a great display for a single client view. In our docs as we have them now, we list the information from the roster board columns with each column as a row in the doc. If I just embed the board, it’s not as easy to view or read at a glance because of how far sideways you have to scroll to see it. Does that make sense?

Hi @Anika

Yes that makes sense! It can certainly take a bit of fiddling around to get you set-up right from the get go, especially if you have a lot of information in there like you said.

It might be better to set-up the information you’re looking to pull as an item card?

If you would like to do a walk-through of your current set-up to see how we can optimise it, I’d be happy to set-up a complimentary call where I can help with this in real time.

My email is amber@upstreamtech.io

Hope to connect soon!

Best regards,
Amber