Formula lookup for single field across different Boards

Hi,

I have a profile with multiple boards.

I am using Monday Forms as a “Change Request” for values in other boards.

Is there a formula I can use that takes a field from the submitted form and looks for a match across other boards, and if it finds and exact match, returns a value into the the main table value of the submitted forms?

Stuck - I can’t find a way in formulas to lookup or search other boards.

Any help appreciated.

You might be looking for something like this, a Vlookup functionality

Hi Sean,

Natively, no. You can with the Advanced Formula Booster, the 3rd-party app that reinvents formulas in monday.

1. AFB allows you to read/update items from another board.
  2. Among the numerous functions that you’ll find in AFB that don’t exist in monday, there is a LOOKUP() function.
  3. AFB does not use the formula column. It is able to cast the result of the formula to any type of column

Here is an example:

Explanation: Let’s say the form imports data into the Location column of the current board.

The LOOKUP function takes 3 parameters.

1. The value to search for (here the {Location} column imported by the form).
  2. The values to look into: {Board2Items.Location} returns a list of all values of the Location column in Board2.
  3. The list to return a value from: {Board2Items.Country} returns a list of all values of the Country column in Board2.

In the above example, the LOOKUP function looks for the imported location {Location} in all the locations of Board2 {Board2Items.Location} and, if it finds it, it returns the corresponding Country in the list of countries of Board2 {Board2Items.Country} then assigns it to the Country column of the imported item ({Country}=)

Hope it helps.