name
    views {
      id
      name
      type
    }
  }
}

So I’d presumed that I’d be able to get a list of the item views in a similar manner:

### THIS DOES NOT WORK:
{
  boards(ids: ["12345"]) {
    name
    item_views {
      id
      name
      type
    }
  }
}

As item views only have one settings_str object per board, then likely they would be best placed under boards rather than items.

Ideal structure…

I think that the ideal structure would be something along these lines:

### THIS IS AN EXAMPLE FOR FEATURE REQUEST PURPOSES
{
  boards(ids: ["12345"]) {
    name
    views {
      id    # this is the `context.instanceId` from `monday.listen("context", ...)` in a board view
      name
      type
      app { # this would be the `context.app` from `monday.listen("context", ...)` in a board view
      }
    }
    item_views {
      id    # this would be the `context.instanceId` from `monday.listen("context", ...)` in an item view
      name
      type
      app { # this would be the `context.app` from `monday.listen("context", ...)` in an item view
      }
    }
  }
}

For this request:

• Add item_views to boards not items

• This allows us to easily build a storage string for an item view along the lines
      const key =`app:${appId}:board:${boardId}:item:${itemId}:instance:${instanceId}`

• This would meant that an automation could perform an action (say on item creation), then based on the boardId, itemId & instanceId of the item view, it could save a configuration value to monday.storage using:
      monday.storage.setItem(key, someValue)

…thus configuring a specific item view using only an automation.
  • Add the app to both boards.views and boards.item_views

• This means that you can filter by app.id or similar, so that our automation configuration could create a list of available item views based on a shared app.id for an automation and item view in same app

This is a use case for automations that customers are requesting from us now.

It’s not possible at the moment – generally our API around board views requires some work! Moving this to the feature requests section.

1 Like

Thanks @dipro, I’ve fleshed this out a bit for a feature request.