How to fixed item list order in connect board

How to make the order of list items in the connect board column (board 2) fixed, not changing according to the original board (board 1)

Because I’m having problem the order of my list items is not in order according to the order of items on the source board (board 1)

Hi @2021aman ~ Welcome to the Community! :wave:

If you are referring to this list of items when connecting items in The Connect Boards Column, then it is only possible to rearrange the order by manually moving the items within the original board. Sorting the items via a column sort will not rearrange them:

Is this what you were referring to? Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

Hi @jennap thanks to respond my question.

Thank you for answering my question. But the problem is not in how to sort the items. The problem is that the order of items on the original board (A) is correct and is based on the order I set. like the picture below:

original board

But the item list order on the connected board (B) is different from the order on the original board (A). The item list order on connected board B changes when I edit the items on the original board (A).

a fixed order of items is very important to our work. How do I keep the order from changing on the connected board (B) when I edit or update a number of items on the original board (A) ???

I have tried various ways, such as custom sort, auto number, following the update pattern so that the items on board B can be sorted according to board A. But all of them failed.

Please help me…

Agreed - have the same ordered map of items on Board #2 as how we’ve setup it up on Board #1 will make sense. E

@BiancaT could we have this added as a functional request pls?

I have investigated this internally, and it appears that this is actually a bug we have encountered in the past. I will happily keep an eye on this however so that our support team can log these reports, we kindly ask that you reach out to support@monday.com about this issue so that they can add your accounts to the new bug report, and follow up promptly once the issue has been resolved :pray:

We have exactly the same issue. How can we define the sort order of items when selecting in a “connect to board” column? We would like to have it sorted by item name.

what is the bug id?
or please add me to the ticket :slight_smile:

Hi Ian!

I am unable to share a ticket or bug ID as these are seperate tickets that have been sent in. If you’re experiencing this issue, please open up a chat or email via Contact support - Help Center and our team can investigate :pray: