Testing with different item view configurations

One of the main pieces of UI for our app is the item-view feature but through calls with users it has become clear that not all item-views are equal and this is resulting in a sub-par experience for some users.

When developing the app we open up an item and see a UI like this:

Adding more tabs can increase the width of the iframe but the layout is the same with the board columns appearing on the left and the item-view feature on the right.

Recently I’ve had calls with users who seem to not have the left-hand pane for the item properties (Person, Status, Date, etc.) and therefore the item-view takes up the entire pop-up. The size of the pop-up also seemed to be larger, taking up nearly the full width of the screen.

In the past I have also seen the item-view open from a tray at either side of the screen in a resizeable manner.

I spent a long time clicking through settings but I can’t seem to find any way to swap between these different types of item-view which makes it difficult to test that the UI is scaling correctly on these different layouts.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for toggling these different views?

Hello there @BenWC,

Would you be able to please fill this form so our team can help you from there?

Looking forward to hearing from you via the form!

Cheers,
Matias