Add Multiple Users As Assignees from One Automation OR Display Tasks Assigned to a Team a User is a Part of When Using the "Dynamic" Filtering Feature

I’d like the ability to add multiple people to an item from one automation. Currently, if I create the automation below, it will assign one person, assign the next but remove the first, then assign the third but remove the second. I’d like for it to add all 3 people without removing anyone.

I’ve also experimented with the following automation chain but yielded the same results.

I understand the use of Teams, however items assigned to a Team do not currently work with Dynamic Filtering feature of the person column:

With a large team, Dynamic Filtering is a MUST for us. Otherwise, we would have to create SO many different Table views for each user and manually assign the custom filtering conditions to each one and send out a mass message to everyone to mark their view as their default view.

So my feedback is this:
Either adjust the ability of the automation to allow us for adding multiple people with a chain of “Assign Person as Assignee” prompts,
or
If we use the dynamic view and select a person, it also displays assigned items that are assigned to a Team they are a part of.

If I’m missing something or there is another way to achieve this results, I’m all ears! Thank you.

I really need the dynamic filtering by IF a team member, then can see. Do we know when this will be fixed? It seems buggy. At one point, I was able to get it to do if Team contains Me (dynamic,) but I can’t get it to do that now. Team if IS Me (dynamic) is not working.

1 Like

I have a slightly different use case, but I think it rolls into the same category as the other replies in this topic. I would like the ability for work assigned to a team I am a part of to show up in the My Work view. Generally we assign one or two users to a task, but there are enough use cases (i.e. administrative tasks that whole teams have to complete) that we do assign some tasks to entire teams.

We rely heavily on the my work view to help our users stay on top of their day to day work and when tasks assigned to a team they are a part of don’t display there it leads to delays or missed work.

Was getting ready to write a new post, then saw @NickNourishandSow already had the idea!

The Me (Dynamic) filter is one of the best ease-of-use features on monday, but I feel its missing the critical capability to of filtering items assigned to a team you are a part of.

This would just unlock more ways to be efficient on monday and save time from needing to add multiple people to an item in order to use said filter.

The immediate use case I think of is in our daily tasks board, being able to assign an entire team to a meeting and everyone being able to see it, instead of having each person assigned individually (or everyone creating their own task for the same meeting) as we use the Me (Dynamic) filter as the main view in our task board.

1 Like

Hey I voted for this as it is similar as to what I propose, maybe return the favor if you agree?;
Automation: Assign whoever is in this column to that column - Feature requests - monday Community Forum