Api create_column type list

Where can I find a complete, current, list of column types for use with the api?
For example I am trying to create_column a predecessor or dependency column and I can’t find the correct type value to create it.

Hi @lewyt!

Great question-- at this time, you can find all of the supported column types in our API documentation, though it may take some digging.

In terms of the dependency column, I’m afraid that at this time, it’s not possible to utilize our API to create a new dependency column.

However, I would be more than happy to forward your feedback to our Product team for consideration!

Thanks Helen,
Yes please forward to the product team.
I am still struggling to find the correct text to give column_type when creating columns.
I do see a list of column types under “changing column values”
for example “person” is in the list but it doesn’t seem to work with create_column
“item link” was also in the list but I couldn’t figure out how to create a column of that type.
Also what about formula columns? they are not in that list but I would like to request them to be added to the API too. :smiley:

Ahh okay, I see what you mean. A few of the columns are listed, but not all. I can see how it can be confusing.

Another way to see all of the possible column types is to utilize our API playground. Here is a screenshot of some of the options you’re presented with:

You can create a new “people” column.

1 Like

Thanks Hellen,
that helps
I will go ahead and put the link to that here too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.