Building a Purchase Requisition, Order Workflow

Hi monday community

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has created a purchsing system using monday.com or monday.com with connected Apps and if so, any tips that could point us in the right direction.

Purchase Requisition > Purchase Order

Specifically, we have been designing a system but continuoully get stuck on issuing the Purchase Order to the external Supplier in a document format that displays like an actual Purchase Order using the item and sub-item data contained within the monday.com Board. Please note that the Quotes & Invoices widget is not a usable solution in it’s curren format where items cannot be connected to the monday.com columns.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

James

Hi @jamesgough :wave:

I’d love to learn a little more about your workflow in order to provide some suggestions here!

Are you able to share a little on how you need the document for the Purchase order to be formatted and which data you’d like to be pulled into this?
Feel free to include screenshots of your boards in your reply, or feel free to send them via a private message if they contain sensitive data!

Once I have a little more information I’ll be able to do a deeper dive into this and we can go from there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best,

Dani

Hi Dani

Thanks for your reply. At this stage, we’ve managed to get the basics working really well using DocuGen to create the document based on Board data (including sub-items) which is great – conveniently, DocuGen posted this video recently which is exactly how I had built it anyway but the new table formatting is great.

My next stage s working out how to accurately report, actuals against budget – using the sub-item lines and mirrored columns from other Boards. I’ll have a go and come back to this thread should I have any questions on this part of the workflow.

Thanks

James

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

image004.png

Hi @jamesgough :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks so much for coming back to me!
Glad to hear you were able to get a good workflow together using DocuGen!

We’d be happy to continue to assist with any further questions you have regarding setting up your reporting.
It’s worth noting that currently, our subitems are still in Beta which is why some core functionalities are still missing.

You can keep up with the roadmap for subitems here - however, please note that while this information is shared to outline some of our plans, these plans are subject to change.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Dani

Hello @jamesgough,
Happy to hear that you have found a solution that gives you a starting point. In case, you would like to get data (including from connected columns) right into your invoice or quotes, you can check out the Paysaro app which allows you to do just that.
If you have any question, you can reach out at support@kolaai.com

Hi @jamesgough :wave:

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
Is your question resolved? If so, please do mark the relevant post as the solution - it really helps other users in the community!

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani

Hey all,

In a very similar manner, I’ve created a exportable document with subitems using Docugen. All works great though I’m finding Docugen is only supporting a limited number of subtiems…for example, I had 77 identified hazards in my Safe Work Method Statement though only 20-30 are exported and presented on the SWMS. Wondering if any purchase orders have been long enough to encounter this problem? I’ve asked @samicaracand about this as well. Just got a bit of free time today so looking into it a bit more.

Matt

1 Like

Hi @matthew.baker

We haven’t had a Purchase Requisition (or probably will never have one) with that many items but it’s interesting that this is occurring and this is likely to affect other docs we may decide to use.

Thanks

James

@matthew.baker and @jamesgough thank you very much for your feedback!
Yes, indeed, DocuGen currently is limited to the first 25 subitems (by ID or created date). We have it in our product roadmap to support more items, probably in Q1 2022.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.