Calculate age based on birthdate

Hi there,

I use this formula to calculate age based on “birthday” date column (showing years) :

IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH({Birthday});YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday});IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH({Birthday});IF(DAY(TODAY())>=DAY({Birthday});YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday});YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday})-1);YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday})-1))

You could even chose to show “Happy Birthday !” on the exact day with this second formula, even though I find it more convenient to use the first formula and set up an automation to get notified on someone’s birthday, since it allows your “Age” column to be populated only by numbers, for instance if you want to calculate the average age in a team :

IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH({Birthday});YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday});IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH({Birthday});IF(DAY(TODAY())>DAY({Birthday});YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday});IF(DAY(TODAY())=DAY({Birthday});“Happy Birthday !”;YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday})-1);YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday});YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday})-1);YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR({Birthday})-1))

I hope it can help anyone !