Can't Pull Activity Log Data with cURL command

Hi All,

To make a long story short, I find Monday.com reporting and 3rd party apps to be incredibly lackluster. The data I want to gather and manipulate is in the Activity Log, but exporting that to excel gives me way more data than I want, so I want to customize what I pull. Which is how I arrived here.

Below is my command in linux, minus the key (for obvious reasons). The only return I get is {} from Monday.com instead of the data I want. I know I haven’t put more filters on the command yet. I wanted to see what it pulls first before filtering. Can anyone assist?

Does the cookie need to be changed? If so, where do I gather that data? I’m using the example command provided on Monday.com for cURL.

curl --location --request POST ‘https://api.monday.com/v2’ \

–header 'Authorization: ’ \

–header ‘Content-Type: application/json’ \

–header ‘Cookie: __cfduid=d4512e647bd3dd90706f5673d6041f7c51618840981’ \

–data-raw '{“query”: "query { boards (ids: 1476816006) { activity_logs

(from: "2022-05-1T00:00:00Z) (to: "2022-05-6T00:00:00Z) (column_ids: ) { id event data }}}"}’ > data.txt

Hello @stephenlittle and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

Would you please try this and tell me if it works for you?

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.monday.com/v2' \

--header 'Authorization: YOURAPIKEY' \

--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \

--data-raw '{"query":"query { boards (ids: YOURBOARDID) { activity_logs \n (from: \"2021-07-23T00:00:00Z\") { id event data }}}","variables":{}}'

Is there any way to make a POST request to create an activity log for a certain contact?

Hello there @Anant,

The activity_logs show events that happened in the board. But I am not sure that is what you are referring to.

When you say you want to create an “activity log” for a certain contact (I assume you mean an item (a row) in your board). What do you mean exactly? Do you want to populate a column of a specific type? Maybe create an update?

There is a Query to get the Activity Logs in the Docs. I want to know if there is any mutation to create Activity Log for a particular item inside a board?

Hello again @Anant ,

As I said, The activity_logs show events that happened in the board. You can’t create logs. You can make events occur, that will then be in the logs.

What query are you referring to exactly?

1 Like

Here in the image you can see I have to manually create an activity for Call Summary. I’m just asking if there is a way to create an activity for this through API request.

Hello again @Anant.

Now I understand. You are referring to activities in the Emails and Activities app.

Our API does not support that app. You can not interact with it via API.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias