Check out the new API playground!

We are excited to announce that our API playground got a complete makeover! :exploding_head:

This update has been years in the making, and it is finally here! The playground has a brand new, intuitive UI that provides an overall better user experience. We’ve shifted some of the buttons to reduce clutter and maximize platform real estate. We’ve also added tabs that allow you to run multiple sessions at once, history tracking that allows you to add specific calls to your favorites, and HTTP header support.

Currently, you can only access the new API playground through the Developer’s Center, but we plan to update the public playground in the next few weeks.

Check it out for yourself and have fun exploring all of the new features! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello!
Is there a standard way to change the tab titles from <untitled>? I seem to have done it by accident on a tab and it persists between browser sessions. I can’t figure out how the tab rename happened but I’m hoping to recreate and utilize that functionality if it’s possible.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

I found out how my tab was renamed and was able to recreate it!
In some of my tabs, the name seems to be tied to whatever is in line 4 of the editor. Oddly enough this isn’t the case for all of them.

tabs

Hi @d.griff,

First and foremost - welcome to the community! :wave:

Second - that’s a great question.

Yes, you can update the name of your tab using an alias! Essentially in your screen recording, the logic is searching for whatever comes after query to read it as an alias. If you add an alias after your initial query on line 1, your tab should be renamed accordingly.

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 2.21.42 PM

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Rachel

1 Like

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was hoping to do.

1 Like