Conditional Coloring Improvements - Based on Other Values, etc

The Conditional Coloring for Cells (Row/Col) is currently pretty weak in terms of capabilities. The following would be nice improvements:

• Ability to color based on another column’s value, rather than fixed values
  • Ability to use Formula math in the value box as well (ie. If value is more than ({Other Col 1} + {Other Col 2})

Agreed. This will make scorecards more effective. Set the value in a Target column, then add a new column for each week’s progress and conditionally format the cell green if it meets or exceeds the Target column and red if it doesn’t. In it’s current form, if you select the Cell option in conditional coloring, it actually applies the logic to the entire column.

I’ve worked with conditional formatting in Monday for all of five minutes and found that this isn’t an option, so super agree with this suggestion. If you manually have to update a value, you might as well update the color of the row yourself. I hope Monday picks this up.

1 Like

Hey,
Has this topic made some improvements in the recent past?
It would be a great help for us as well

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
An alternative to conditional coloring might be to use the Icons app, which enables you to prefix/suffix an icon or any text to an item name based on any condition.

1 Like

Im wondering if monday.com can give us an update on whether this is a plan moving forward? Conditional coloring certain cells based on another cells data would be tremendously helpful.

1 Like

I second this, it would be really helpful. Please develop this feature!!