Construction Companies

Hi,

Hoping to learn from other construction companies that are using monday. How do you set up your boards, what automations do you use, and what are the most helpful features you utilize for your construction schedules?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, @kate1 - There are lots of construction companies using monday, and their board structures are all amazingly different from each other (from what I’ve experienced and who we’ve worked with, at least). The takeaway is that no matter what type of construction your company does - real estate development, residential custom homes, interior office design - monday․com can be customized to suite your exact needs and business processes.

One of the construction case studies in your industry is here: Customer story: Falkbuilt | monday.com which might give you some ideas to start.

If you would like to chat about your vision for using monday․com and do a bit of brainstorming together, we offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions each week in the community. You can book yours here: Customer story: Falkbuilt | monday.com

Hello @PolishedGeek - Can you please resend the link to book a strategy session? Looks like your second link sends me to the customer story again.

Hi Kate,

You can also ping @AnthonytheEngineer to get some insight.

Cheers,
Ilia

1 Like

Thank you @ilia510 , @kate1 We are a 20 person Architectural and Engineering firm that manages projects as a CM/CA as well. Happy to share what has been a gradual learning curve over the last 6 months. If our structure works for you with daily staff reporting, project costing and schedule management - I am not against handing you a completed structure for you to start.

3 Likes

Appreciate it @ilia510!

Hi @AnthonytheEngineer , I’ve been using Monday for some basic service work, but we are about to start using it for our construction management. I would be interested in seeing the structure you use. I’ve been slowly tweaking templates, but I think I’ve started to confuse myself with the many ideas/changes I’ve gone through.

We are looking for a Monday partner that has the shell built for a residential construction company and willing to work with us to customize / automate the processes. We are new to Monday and this feed looked similar to what we are looking to implement.

1 Like

Hi @Jgriffin2440 :wave:

Welcome to the monday.com community!

upstream can help. We are Platinum Partners, monday.com Preferred Partners and APAC Partner of the Year for 2020. Based in Australia, we have a global staff network encompassing dedicated teams.

You’ll have access to our Solutions Engineers as well as our full stack Development Team who specialize in integrations and custom requirements. We have several construction based clients and plenty of experience in these solutions as well as detailed project management requirements so I’m confident we can help.

Please feel free to return by email directly via peta@upstreamtech.io alternatively you can book straight into my calendar for a meeting using the below link. I would be very interested to understand your use case and see how we can help you.

Meet with Peta

Kind regards,
Peta - upstream

Hello Anthony.

I also just started to implement Monday to our construction business, is it possible you can share the structure to me as well? Thank you in advance.

Hi Anthony! Would you please be able to share your structure with me as well. I just need a better understanding and somewhat of a guide to help me find what works best for my company

Hi Kate. How are you finding Monday now that you’ve been using it for a while. We are a custom building and are looking for the best way to set up.
Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

We actually transitioned to BuilderTrend. We found that using a construction management software made more sense than trying to make Monday.com work for us.

Wishing you success!

Kate

Hi Anthony,

If you still have a similar template our team would also love use it as a basis for our 5 person design/ construction team.

Thanks!

Hello @AnthonytheEngineer. Late to the party but I am exploring Monday for our 20-person architectural/construction ADA compliance review services firm. We follow the same general phases like SD-DD-CD and build outs, reviewing drawings and sites at every step Would you be willing to share your Monday template/structure for us to look at and learn from . Options are a bit bewildering for us as we test the platform.

Use automations to track task dependencies, ensuring that the completion of one task triggers the start of another.

Use automations to track task dependencies, ensuring that the completion of one task triggers the start of another.
https://steelofy.co.uk