Copying a Formula to Autoboost

I’ve created a formula in a board to accurately select prices on a ratecard based on the work that needs to be done and the commercial duration of file which is below

IF({Commercial Duration} > 59, SUM({Delivery >60},{Edit/Export/Time Taken}), IF({Commercial Duration} < 30, SUM({Delivery <30}, {Edit/Export/Time Taken}),IF(AND({Commercial Duration} > 29, {Commercial Duration} < 59), SUM({Delivery 30-60}, {Edit/Export/Time Taken}), 0)))

I now want to send the results on to the relevant person every time an order is placed but Monday doesn’t let you email formulas

I’ve been trying to use Autoboost to cast the same formula to a column but it doesn’t like the formula and gives no indication on what it doesn’t like

Can Autoboost handle nested formulas like this? If not, any other work arounds so that I can share the results of the formula automatically?

Hi Ashley,

I can’t speak for autoboost but if you want to try the Advanced Formula Booster, you’ll see that it will make your life easier. It doesn’t use the formula column and has its own formula editor that allows you to use up to 100 lines to build your formulas. So, you don’t need to nest and nest and nest your functions inside other functions to make it all fit on one line.

Here is what your formula looks like in the AFB editor:

Each line is executed one after the other, so in this case where we are targeting the same {Total} column on all lines, the last line that will be executed will “win”. Here is a simulation with an item that has a Commercial Duration of 38 (the app allows you to run simulations with any item, without affecting your board)

2024-03-15_09-51-44

In this case, Commercial duration was 32, so line 2 and 4 are skipped and the total value is the one on line 3 (as it overwrites the 0 of line 1).

The Advanced Formula Booster completely reinvents formulas in monday.com. It allows you to read/update data from other items than the one the formula runs on, for instance, you can read/modify the previous item, the next item, all items of the same group, all items of the same board, even items in different boards. See our blog for use cases that leverage these options.

Hi!

If I used the advanced formula booster, does it place the results in a formula column or a text column?

Standard formula columns can’t be used in emails and I’m interested in Autoboost as it places the result in a text column which can be used

Thanks!

Hi Ashley,

In any column of your choice (Text, Numbers, Date, etc.). Not a formula column.