Create custom PDF documents or fill in PDF forms with Eledo within Monday.com

Hi everyone!

Eledo is a PDF generator for easy and effective document automation. Build your template in online editor (or upload PDF form), define dynamic parts (text, images, barcodes…) with data expressions, save and you are ready to generate your documents.

Monday.com integration recipes will let Eledo know when your document should be created and to which column it should be attached. Set them up and enjoy your saved time!

To use Eledo you will need an Eledo account which you can create and use for free (no credit card is required). Paid subscription is required for higher amount of documents generated per month.

To create your document automation, you will need to prepare Eledo template with field names from your Monday.com Board and Item. For example you can copy this public Eledo template to get a clue. Once you have your template, you can add integration recipe from Monday.com app marketplace to your board.

Eledo App is not visible in Monday.com marketplace yet, so you will need to install it with this invitation link:
monday.com: Where Teams Get Work Done

Eledo is a product of Slovak (Europe) company with customers around the globe helping to save a lot of time for developers and users where document automation is required. We are new to Monday.com and we are not a monday partner yet.

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome! You can contact Eledo here

4 Likes

Hi @lubos.husivarga this app reports subitems too? If yes, you can report main ítem and His subitems data?

2 Likes

Has anyone tried this yet? We export data to Excel then Import to another Excel file then create a PDF…this could save us a lot of time!

2 Likes

Hey @lubos.husivarga :wave:

Thanks for sharing an awesoem app! I’m definitely curious how it would work, and this is a highly requested feature all around :slight_smile: I’m sure a lot of users would find this helpful.

-Alex

1 Like

Hey, nice app you made there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @lubos.husivarga

Quick question.

I am trying to use Eledo to create pdf’s with dynamic content from monday.com

My question is - Can I pull dynamic imagens from a files column?

Each pulse from monday.com has a column with 2 or 3 images. I would like to pull these dynamic images to my document.

I can pull the dynamic text and links, but the imagens from the files column I can’t, not sure if I am doing something wrong.

If it is not possible, is that feature something in the plans? I am sure that would be very important not only for me but to a lot of people who use monday.com

1 Like

Hi All,

thanks for your questions and suggestions which helped us to improve! Also thanks @AlexSavchuk and @TMNXT-Dev for your appretiation!

Eledo now can:

We have updated our public template to demonstrate new features: Simple Board Item report for Monday.com

Added quick guide to help you with Monday columns to Eledo data expressions mapping: Monday to Eledo PDF data mapping

And created a tool to retrieve Monday column’s technical names from your Board: Monday Board Data Structure tool

I hope new resources makes your life with Eledo easier, if not just let me know! @Aksalano you are welcome to try it, we provide free account and helpdesk as well.

2 Likes

@lubos.husivarga,

Yes I did sign up and attempted to use Eledo, unfortunately I could not figure it out, 2 reasons for that, 1st I am not familiar with what’s required to construct the form, 2nd there is not too much instructional info to help get started, some video’s would be great.

I believe that an app / tool that can easily export your data into a PDF is a very large benefit to users…hopefully the few apps available continue to rapidly develop and become very easy to use.

Maybe in the near future I will make a second attempt.

1 Like

Having a similar issue. I am able to make the template and create the integration, but when it runs it doesn’t put the information that I provided into the document.

It seems like the service is not quite there yet, but hopefully will be able to roll out all the way since this is one of the big features I’m really missing out on with monday.

2 Likes

Eledo looks great! Another alternative is DocuGen, a monday.com native app that allows you to create all sorts of documents (with or without templates) straight from your monday.com boards with the click of a button (or automatically with automations.)

Install it free from here: docugen.io

1 Like

@lubos.husivarga We’ve been trying to use your app, but have encountered problems integrating image files on to the PDF.

We have only one file column that contains png’s (column QR):

The problem is that when i try to embed the image,

[quote=“Yu1992, post:11, topic:11428, full:true”]
@lubos.husivarga We’ve been trying to use your app, but have encountered problems integrating image files onto the PDF.

We have only one file column that contains png’s (column QR ):

The problem is that when i try to embed the image, the QR column Item doesn’t show up:

Please let us know how to got about this!

Hi @Yu1992

you are very close to the right solution! In monday the files column is an array type and it can contain one or more file attachments. To print first image only you will need to use following data expression in dynamic image component:
property(first(item.files), “url”)

you can also use QR code component to render it natively in PDF. Data expression for it should point to a text, which will be encoded into QR code. For example URL can be encoded directly.

Hope it helps!
Lubos

1 Like

@lubos.husivarga thanks a lot for your quick reply!!

PART 1:
Just to make sure i understand correctly, are you saying that it is only possible to display images with URL’s?

When we try to edit a dynamic image, it gives us two option types: URL & Images

In the case of QR’s, I was able to follow your instructions and generate it automatically based off of a link column in monday (quickly generated off of an automation through a monday app).

However, it is more tedious to generate links based off of other images. Is it possible to insert images off of a “File Column” or does it have to be from a “Link Column”?

PART 2
Is it possible to extract the content of a column if the column type is:

1. FORMULA (grab the numeric result of a formula?)
  2. STATUS (grab the text of the selected status?)

** in case it isnt possible, do you know if there is any way to work around it? maybe by creating dummy variables/columns??

When we edit the template, the variable exists, but when we generate the PDF, those variable results arent visible.

Thanks sooo much in advance!!!

Hi @Yu1992

Eledo is using monday API to retrieve column data and images. Since API does not transfer images in binary form, it provides a one time URL which is used by Eledo to download your image attached to monday item. Because of this you need to provide an URL to a dynamic image component in Eledo template.

You can also encode your image url as a QR code, but those image URLs coming from monday are one time and expires within 1 hour, so they are useless for the purpose of QR code encoding. If you would like to share an image URL via QR code then you will need to use some image hosting service which provides you a long term image URL. I am not sure whether there is any image sharing feature in monday, please let me know if yes and we can have a look.

Content of FORMULA column is not possible to print, because of limitation in monday API, but a workaround exists - you can write an Eledo data expression which calculates the same value as your formula in monday. Please contact Eledo Helpdesk if you need help with this.

Status column should be working, just use Text box and put your status column as data expression.

In Eledo you can create also custom variables, but in connection to monday they will remain empty, if they are not derived from monday columns. This makes sense, because only data source for your Eledo PDF is your monday board :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!
Lubos

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! Should i contact Eledo at Contact | eledo.online for help with writing an Eledo data expression as you indicated? Or is there another way i can contact the helpdesk??

@lubos.husivarga nvm just found the support button once logging onto eledo :B

1 Like

Hi @Aksalano, @Knowa, and all,

I am pleased to announce we’ve made it and our integration is now public in monday marketplace.

We are working on video tutorials to explain all the Eledo features. Here is the first one explaining basics of PDF document creation with Eledo:

Please let me know, whether you like the format. Any suggestions are welcome!

Best Regards,
Lubos

3 Likes

@lubos.husivarga Video looks great as well as the improvements :+1:t2: , I am excited to try it! We are overhauling many or our boards currently, I will plan to add this to our changes, if it works as shown it is exactly what we are looking for, click a button and generate a PDF of our data. Keep up the great work! :clap:t2:

1 Like

Im getting a weird bug when I try to paste dynamic dates from my board to my eledo template all dates look fine being that I have formated them to date with the following format: DD/MM/YYYY.

But in one of the dates in the middle of the document I’m getting an extra 0 between the two digits of the day.

Also I’m not getting the results of formula columns in my documents is this supposed to happen? Isn’t it compatible yet?

Best regards