Create custom PDF documents or fill in PDF forms with Eledo within Monday.com

Hello @gionervo

Dates from monday are transfered as a plain text at the moment, so they should print the same as they are in your board. I assume you’ve used a to_date function to convert it to a date and then tried to print in different format? It would be great to see your data expression to help, or you can contact Eledo Helpdesk for a quicker response (sorry for late reply :frowning: )

Formula columns are not transfered at all because we can’t retrieve them from monday API. Workaroud exists and you can calculate the same value with data expressions in Eledo template, if not please contact Eledo Helpdesk again :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Lubos Husivarga

Hello all,

I would like to share with you 2 new quick video guides to show how you can print images into PDF document or fill in PDF Forms directly from your monday board!

Do you think it’s powerful as we do? Feel free to get in touch if you need more information!

Best Regards,
Lubos Husivarga

4 Likes

@lubos.husivarga amazing update!!!

1 Like

@lubos.husivarga how you can encode the item URL directly???
what is the expression to call when you configure the QR data?

Yes you can use QR Code component with data expression to create QR code which points to your monday item. The data expression looks like this:

CONCAT("https://yourcompany.monday.com/boards/", id, "/pulses/", item.id)

Don’t forget to replace ‘yourcompany’ in the URL with your account name.

1 Like

Eledo looks like a great addition to Monday.com. I was just looking at the pricing plans for Eledo, and has the following question. Regarding the document amount per plan, is this the amount of document you can create a month?

Hi @jcjgomez,

Yes, the number of documents you can create is per month and also payments are charged every month. Yearly subscription to come in future.

Best Regards,
Lubos

1 Like

@jcjgomez you have the luxury of multiple apps for document generation on monday.com. Have you tried DocuGen? It’s super easy to use, rated 4.8/5 on G2, and very moderately priced. Plus: we provide free live chat and email support! I am the founder of DocuGen – feel free to reach out to me at any time

1 Like

I can vouch for DocGen. I have used it a lot, and if I can use it - anyone can use it!

2 Likes

If anyone can vouch for DocuGen, it certainly is a power user like Bill with hundreds of documents under his belt :grinning:

1 Like

@lubos.husivarga

Do you know if you support time tracking columns? I need to be able to add 2 or 4 different time tracking columns together - I’ve tried using

SUM(item.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking, item.subitems_drew_time_tracking3)

but it is just showing 0 at the moment, I also tried formula columns too but then I read here that you cannot support formula columns.

If I use just item.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking then it works perfectly, but I need to be able to add them.

Thanks

Hi @Drew,

Thank you for the request, we have implemented the support for Time tracking column a moment ago and now you can do the calculations with it.

In Eledo’s data expression you can do the following:
item.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration + item.subitems_drew_time_tracking3.duration + …

Please note the .duration sub-field of the Time Tracking column. It represents a number of seconds. The result will be sum in seconds.

I am working yet on a simplier method to print the seconds in HH:mm:ss format.

Hi, I’ve managed to get it working - thank you so much - it would be amazing if there was a way to show the HH:MM:SS - If that’s a long term issue can we round them to 2 decimal places?

I’ve managed to do:

(item.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration) / 3600

However I tried NUM(((item.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration), 2) / 3600 and ROUND but it fails

We have a DATE() function which could be used to format the number of seconds as HH:mm:ss, but the issue with this is a timezone, which in my test printed 01:00:12 time for 12 seconds duration. It is caused by GMT+1 timezone offest set in my template’s Settings page. You can actually use this approach when setting the timezone of your Eledo template to GMT+0, but this also affects other dates in your document, so it is only viable if you don’t print any date beside the duration. Data expression could look like:

DATE((...+...) * 1000, "HH:mm:ss")

Your NUM approach is nice and you can use NUM function to build the HH:mm:ss format with data expression, and it could look like this:

CONCAT(NUM((seconds=item.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration)/3600, 2, 0), ":", NUM(seconds/60, 2, 0), ":", NUM(seconds, 2, 0))

I have used seconds variable, so I don’t repeat the long seconds calculation 3 times and also defined 0 decimal places for NUM function which should not display decimals and therefore you don’t need to round the calculation.

Hope it will work fine as a workaround, let me know :slight_smile:

Thank You!!
It worked on the main section of the document I’m building - I’ve added a block repetition to a cell within a table however when I add

DATE((items.subitems.dup__of_alana_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_drew_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_filipe_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_lauren_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.duration7.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_elin_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_mica_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration) * 1000, "HH:mm:ss")

I get this error:

[Error in Expression ‘DATE((items.subitems.dup__of_alana_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_drew_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_filipe_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_lauren_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.duration7.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_elin_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_mica_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration) * 1000, “HH:mm:ss”)’: Required return type is Array for Expression: DATE((items.subitems.dup__of_alana_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_drew_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_filipe_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_lauren_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.duration7.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_elin_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_mica_time_tracking.duration + items.subitems.dup__of_caitlin_time_tracking.duration) * 1000, “HH:mm:ss”)]

So I’m trying to make a table with multiple rows, which then display the subitems on each row - then the time tracking data for each subitem.

Am I doing something wrong?

@lubos.husivarga

I’ve checked all the documentation - Is there a way to set up a repetitive block on a pdf at all? I have one pdf file which has a table - which needs to be populated with the data from the subitems - I can see a way of doing it on a normal document which I design but I can’t see a way to generate it on a designed pdf form

Thanks so much for all your help.

Hi @Drew,

I am not sure what could be the issue with your data expresion, the error message is strange. But I have noticed you are using items. prefix, you probably need to use just item. one.

If you would like to sum the time tracking over multiple subitems, you can do it like:
SUM(item.subitems, dup__of_alana_time_tracking.duration)

Then you can repeat the SUM over every subitem column and add them together with +

I also recommend you to store the partial results into local variables like:
alana_time=SUM(item.subitems, dup__of_alana_time_tracking.duration)

alana_time variable will be populated with the sum for every following data expression in the document and it will make your calculations simpler.

Block Repetition is not available for PDF Form filling, because the layout of existing PDF cannot be changed easily, if at all. In our youtube video I am explaining how you can populate tables in PDF Form using PROPERTY(GET(…), …) data expressions. (Eledo: Fill in PDF Forms automatically with data from monday.com board - YouTube)

Please try it out and let me know any questions. I recommend you to use our Helpdesk chat in case you have more questions specific for your use case/template. But feel free to post any general questions here, so we keep the thread interesting to read for others as well :slight_smile:

@lubos.husivarga What is the maximum file size for photos on your documents?

Hi @JacksonBarry

We have a 10MB limit per image at the moment.

We are currently working on automatic image resize feature to reduce the file size of created PDF.

Hope it helps, let me know any questions or get in touch via our Helpdesk.

Lubos

That’s great, could work for me, I look forward to that resizing feature too.