Creating a formula

Hello,

I’m looking for someone who can help me about creating a formula into Monday.com. I’ve integrate in Monday.com the apps Aircall (an apps to make and receive calls), with that integration I got multiple informations about calls made and receive, such as “Created at”, “Answered at”, “Ended at”, this informations are about when I dial. a contact, when he replies and when the call ended.

I want to create a formula to show in a specific column the duration of a call.

Warning : sometimes the contact doesn’t answer, in this case the column “Answered at” will be empty, in this case we’ll write in the formula’s column the mention : “Has not reply”

Also, unfortunately, aircall is showing the date and hours of the call, but not the seconds… I would like to write in the formula’s column the mention : “Not succeed” if the duration of the call is under 15 seconds, but I’m sure we’ll be able to do it as we do not have the informations about the seconds. In this case, “Not succeed” can be shown when the duration of the call is under 1 minute.

Thanks,

Hi Gestion,

Happy to help.

Unfortunately, even the latter requirement here is not reliably possible. Since we do not know at what point in the minute the call is answered and ends, we cannot reliable determine the duration of a call between 1-119 seconds.

However, I have put a formula together nevertheless. In this one, it just says “Not Succeeded” if the Answered at and Ended at values are same. In practical terms, this means any call of 60 seconds or more will always be considered a success. Whereas any call 1-59 seconds long may be considered a failure (although the chance of that is decreased as the time of the call increases).

IF(
    {Answered at}="",
    "Not Answered",
    IF(
        {Ended at}={Answered at},
        "Not Succeeded",
        HOURS_DIFF(
            {Ended at}, 
            {Answered at}
        )
    )
)

Hi Francis,

Thanks a lot for your explanations.
Will this formula be able to determine the duration of a call and write it in the column? For example : 12 minutes?

On my side I was able to calculate the duration of a call with this formula : (((HOUR({Ended At})*60+MINUTE({Ended At}))-(HOUR({Answered At})*60+MINUTE({Answered At}))))+((DAY({Ended At})-DAY({Ended At})))

but it doesn’t write “not answered” if the call is < 1 minute

@gestion.echirolles

Sorry I perhaps wasn’t clear. My formula absolutely does calculate the duration.

Oh yes ok, in fact for some items I got something weird like that, the duration is negative

@gestion.echirolles Did you paste my formula in exactly? Could you please share a screenshot of your formula in monday.com?

Sure there it’s

Are your date columns actually date columns or are they text columns used by your integration?

Perhaps this will work better for you:

IF(
    {Answered at}="",
    "Not Answered",
    IF(
        "Not Succeeded",
        HOURS_DIFF(
            RIGHT({Ended at},5), 
            RIGHT({Answered at},5)
        )
    )
)

Thank for your time Francis, now all the duration are working, “not succeed” works also, but all the call considered as “not answered” shown a formula error

Of course. We need a workaround for that:

IF(
    {Answered at}="",
    "Not Answered",
    IF(
        "Not Succeeded",
        HOURS_DIFF(
            RIGHT({Ended at},5), 
            RIGHT(
            	CONCATENATE("emptystring",{Answered at}),
            )