Creating webhook for sub-items returning null (and no challange)

Hi!
I’m trying to create a new webhook for a sub-items board.
I got the board id from quarying the item, and then I mounted it into that -
mutation {
create_webhook ( board_id: 633286485, url: “https://webhook.site/d2e3ydh0-943a-47ea-ade1-ba84fa98f61b”, event: change_column_value) {
id
board_id
}
}

The issue is that the response returns null -
{
“data”: {
“create_webhook”: null
},
“account_id”: 9729487
}

I tried it with “normal” boards, and it worked well… So maybe there is kind of blocking engaging sub-items “ghost” boards?

Hey @daniel1 - welcome!!

Could you expand a bit more on what you’re referring to by “sub-item ghost boards” versus normal boards? If you have any screenshots you wouldn’t mind posting, that would be a big help.

-Daniel

Thank you for your comment @dsilva
I wish to create a webhook that will trigger every time there is a status change in my sub-items. As I understood, the sub-items are saved in a type of “ghost board” that is not visible thru the Monday interface but can be engaged thru API. So I got that board id from querying a sub-item.
When trying to create that webhook, using that board id, it returns null and does not send any “challenge” key. When trying to make normal webhooks (for regular boards), it works fine.

I hope I was able to explain the matter better.
Many thanks,
Daniel

Hey @daniel1 - great catch! Thank you for providing that extra information, it’s a huge help.

I was able to reproduce this issue with the information you provided above. I’ve gone ahead and documented this with our team so that we can take care of this on our end, however I wouldn’t quite be able to give you an ETA on this at the moment.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

-Daniel