Custom Trigger example

I want to create a custom trigger in Monday.com: When a user uploads a file in Files, I want to add the label ‘QR-Proof’ in the Status column. If the user clicks on ‘QR-Proof,’ I want to generate a link in the Link column

Hello there @Azhar,

For "When a user uploads a file in “Files” you can use a built-in trigger “When user changes column” and then the user can select a files column. If you want the user to only be able to select a “files” column, you can use a custom field of type “list” with the dependency “boardID” that calls your endpoint when the user clicks on the field, where your endpoint would receive the board ID which you can use to query for all the “files” columns in that board and show them in a list for the user to select from.

Then you can use the built-in action “Change status” so that the user can select a status column and a label from it.

When you say "If the user clicks on ‘QR-Proof’, if that is a label from a status column, there is no webhook to be sent when someone clicks on a status column. So the trigger event should be either the change of the status value, or maybe using a column of type “button”.

Then you can use the API to populate a “Link” column as explained here :smile:

Cheers,
Matias

I want to create one recipe with two triggers. Is it possible? My recipe is like this: when a user uploads a file in the Files column, add a button. When the button is clicked, generate a link…
In this recipe, I have two triggers: one when a file is uploaded and one when the button is clicked

Hello again @Azhar,

Those would be two different recipes. One recipe can not have two different triggers.

As a workaround, you could have the first trigger in your recipe, and then add a webhook via API for “When someone clicks on this button column” and then when the webhook’s endpoint is called, you can generate a link.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matias

Thank you, @Matias.Monday.One Last Question I just want to confirm: in your last reply, you mentioned that if I want the user to only be able to select a “files” column, I can use a custom field of type “list” with the dependency “boardID” that calls my endpoint when the user clicks on the field …Can you explain?

Hello @Azhar!

A custom field of type “list”, as explained here would mean that you would create in your app’s integration feature, a custom field of type list with the dependency “boardId” and you would pass an endpoint (on your end) that will be called when the user clicks on your field when configuring the recipe.

When that happens, your endpoint would be called and you would get the board ID of the board in which the user is configuring the recipe in the payload of the call.

You would then need to use the API as explained here to get the titles of all of the columns of type “files” in that board (you already have the board ID to check that) and then you can display them in a list as shown here :smile: