Default value of Status column not sent for custom mapping

Hi there,

We have built an integration with custom mapping. One of the fields we map from is a Status field.

This gets mapped and sent correctly when we select a value other than the default value. If we leave the default value without changing it, it does not get sent with the payload to our endpoint.

If we change the value of the status to something else, then set back to the default value, the value is then correctly mapped.

This feels like strange behaviour and is impeding our integration app. Any advice is appreciated.

Hello @ScottW!
I’m happy to help you work through this. Can you please provide more clarification on what you are currently doing and trying to achieve?
Could you please share specifically what your recipe sentence looks like? What is your integration designed to do?

Thanks!

Thanks @alessandra ,

Our recipe looks like this:

“When [status] changes to [something], publish [item] from the [file] column.”

Where [item] is a custom field when we map from the Monday item to fields in our back end, and [file] is a file column with.

When triggered, our backend uses the mapped columns from the [item] field and loads into our back end, we also grab the files from the file column.

If we map a status column from the Monday item to a field in our back end, we observe the behaviour noted above… i.e:

This gets mapped and sent correctly when we select a value other than the default value. If we leave the default value without changing it, it does not get sent with the payload to our endpoint.

If we change the value of the status to something else, then set back to the default value, the value is then correctly mapped.

I hope this helps in understanding the issue,

thanks.

Hello there @ScottW!

I see you sent us an email about it. Let’s continue with this flow on that email thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like