Different columns in different groups within one board

@Lobster,
I have also thought about having different columns for different groups, and even though it can indeed get messy, I think the user should be allowed to create his own mess. If all the users of the board can navigate easily in the mess it stops being one, I am right?

@JohnW, as a use case I can give you on an overview of a project in which different groups or departments can be involved. I’ll take an example of software development. I have a project, that will have the development part (i.e., analysis, coding, testing publishing) and also deployment, customer service, marketing etc. They all have completely different metrics to overlook, So they can’t be created in the same board.
You can create a board with all the teams within the project with links to appropriate boards, but it takes too long to surf between those and you loose the idea of the overview.
The dashboards can solve this, but still all the widgets and tables it can get messy and vague.
What can solve this, in my opinion is rather a board with different columns or sub-pulses with different columns. So that you can have columns for the pulse, and other columns for sub-pulses.

1 Like