Export Subitem Updates

I have a great need to be able to export board items to Excel and include both the item and subitem level updates. Currently, it only exports the item updates. Exporting all item level updates would make sense and be incredibly helpful.

If there isn’t a way to do this already – it would be great if you could export a board to Excel that includes subitem updates. Currently when I go to Export Board it gives me the option to include updates and subitems – but it doesn’t give the option to include the updates applied directly to the subitems.

We’re using the update on the main task line for general comments about a project. Then we have subitems for programmatic and data report review. We want to collect our comments using the update section on the programmatic and data report subitems respectively. However, when we export the board – the updates tied to the subitems are not exporting.

I can see that it is possible to individually export updates by clicking into each subitem – but then I would need to combine several different Excel exports to get one Excel file.

1 Like

I agree, this is a critical feature. I’d like to export my board to an excel on at least an annual basis to document our product development. Currently, item level lines show different products, and the subitems represent tasks that need to get done (quarterly updates, reporting on goals and objectives, etc). I ask the product managers to submit this information via the update section for each subitem. It would be great to have these updates included in the exported excel file.

I need to provide periodic updates on teams projects with initiatives and the would find updates from the subitems helpful. Right now I copy/paste comments into an empty field I’ve created on the reports.

It would be very helpful for better tracking and organization.

Hey @cmaciborski & @Ushavilash

We developed an app called Board Report Automations that provides advanced reporting capabilities which are based on docs. It doesn’t offer the option to export but can help with the reporting aspect.

We’re constantly working on improving it so if you have any feedback feel free to share it and we’ll see how we can offer new solutions.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

yes sure and thank you for informing.