Upload Excel data into board subitems columns

Hi everyone!
I have given it some thought, and it may not be feasible, given that subitems are a table (child) within a parent table, but…

Is there a way to upload data from Excel to the board subitems if I already have the structure ready?

Context:
I have created a board for Construction Project Management, and instead of creating a bunch of statuses and dates columns horizontally, I used subitems to represent the stages each project will go through, vertically (it’s way easier to read). All projects will have the same set of stages (already automated). I can import the project data directly from the board, but I’m unable to feed information to the subitems, and this where I keep all the dates, forecasts, etc.

Help!

Example:

Hi, @nguz - I don’t think that’s feasible yet, although someone may have figured out a way to do it with Integromat or a custom app. I checked the Excel app in the Marketplace but it only supports Items, not SubItems.

1 Like

Thanks @PolishedGeek !

Do you know if there’s an open thread for this feature (or similar)? It would be awesome to have this as a built-in feature.

1 Like

@PolishedGeek do you know of any other app that could do this?

1 Like

@nguz,

I’m voting up on this! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: You have just described exactly what I wish I could do. Our scenarios are basically the same. I have a list of 307 pulses that ALL require the exact same 6 subitems. That would be a ton of subitems to create manually and I would love to just upload an excel and have them all prepopulate. Thanks for giving your input so I could throw my support behind it!

2 Likes

I’ve used a button and custom automation to add default sub-items to existing items and then an Item creation automation to add the sub-items to all new items.