Import Excel to Subitems

It would be great to be able to import a spreadsheet to sub items. This would be usefull becuase it allows us to have different columns in the sub items. For instance…

I have an item on a board for ordering material, one of many different things related to an install. I’d like to be able to import our material list as sub items under that so I can check off on what items have been ordered or what items need to be ordered.

I have a board for managing Professional Services activities.
Each Item is a project and it’s sub items are the detailed activities.
Previously we managed this using sheets, and we want to import al that data into Monday.

Unfortunately there is no convenient way of importing data into subitems.

We have a similar need, as well. We have clients who would like to update existing sub-item columns from CSV, but they are currently having to enter those individually.

Hello @BGBO,

The Toolkit can help you out here.

In the list of boards, select the Subitem board. Subitem boards are named after the main board. So if the main board is called “Board A”, the Subitem board is named as “Subitems of Board A”.
The rest of the process is the same as in the main board. Here is a demo of how to the app works.

If you need any help with the app, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com

Hi guys,

You may try our Smart Spreadsheet for monday app.

You’ll be able to use the Spreadsheet as an Item view and add (import) separate independent spreadsheets to your items and subitems, then work with the data using all the Excel-like features (cell formulas, pivot tables, filtration, conditional formatting, etc.).

Hope it helps your case.

Best regards,
Katerina Kovriga, Stiltsoft

4 Likes

Definately would like to see this. I made a new board with so many subitems and had to just design it to not have subitems in the end

Hi Garret,

We have a few customers that had encounter similar problems, We also specialize in making custom made solution for Monday integration.
We can offer some free Monday solution like the CSV file extract and more.
I will be happy to assist you with this issue and see maybe one of our in dev or free solution can fix your problem.

Thanks,
Ilan

FormRally

Simply allow

1. Copy pasting from one table format into Monday format for all columns. (just like it is possible to do for the Item names)
  2. Automate Excel/CSV import directly into a group (and not necessarily create a new board) - therefore remove the extra step of moving to the relevant board after import.
  3. Automate excel/CSV import directly into subitems. (For example under a project item I have some quick secondary google research data to plot, I’d like to be able to put the data readily visible under the main task and be able to assign people to each research outcome). Uplaoding a file isn’t as user friendly when you need such quick research data to be quickly readable, available, actionable. Excel can be used for larger deeper research.

This would be useful for me as well. I have subitems with dates and formulas, and I need to be able to copy or import these in.

1 Like