Feature suggestion : Rename a file

Hi dear Monday community ! :slight_smile:

Can we hope to have the possibility to change the name of a file that has already been uploaded ?

For the ones of us managins hundreds of files, that would be an important improvement !

May all of you have a lovely day,

You will find that Monday.com was supposed to be working on it here: Renaming Files Within Monday

Hello!

I would absolutely love to be able to rename files within the platform. We try to keep our file names consistent so that we know what they are and it would be so much more convenient to be able to upload files quickly with whatever name they already have and then edit the name afterward.

I understand you are doing a lot on file management in Q2, I am hoping this feature is part of it?

Thank you!

Hi @TaylorTedesco - I believe that the new and improved Files management capabilities will let you do this along with file versioning when it comes out later this year!

3 Likes

That’s awesome news, thank you!!

Hello,

Is the feature to rename files within Monday now available ?

Wow I can’t believe it has already been 8 months since I asked that question. I’ve still not seen a way to do it :frowning:

Hi everyone,
I can’t see this feature on Monday yet… so I guess, this is still not possible, right? :slightly_frowning_face:

Welcome! I’m fairly new to monday.com as well, but I would like to see if this is possible too. And while not completely on topic - but to have a listing of boards/views that can be called with a re-direct so that users weren’t typing in m0nday.com, but could go to m0nday.com or m0nday.com

It’s not :frowning: I was so hopeful too lol.

It’s the classic Monday.com forums method. They always promise thousands of features, but they never actually get added. They just increase the price.

February 2023 -

We have users who upload files, and those users give their files names that are vary greatly. If the Monday.com platform could rename uploaded files to a standard naming convention, that would be excellent. Are plans in place for this capability?

I’d like to have the ability to rename files after they’ve been saved to Monday. This would help us be able to organize more easily and keep all files clear and consistent.

yes please add it to Monday, we are also waiting for that feature!

That would be a game changer for our workflow! Monday - Please consider this feature request. Thank you!

1 Like

Replying to bump this (if that’s how this works)

This would be a fantastic thing especially for those of us who are dragging files from emails right into the files column. We do a lot of this on our HR team and to be able to change the name of the file once it’s in monday.com would be an absolute GAME CHANGER

1 Like