Hiding Sub-Item columns as part of a view

Hello all!

I wasn’t able to find any answers to this on the boards or in the help documents. Hopefully I can get some help here.

I cannot for the life of me find any possible way to hide subitem columns. Is there a way to hide subitem columns and save them to a view in the same way the main item columns can be shown/hidden? Or is this functionality not available?

A brief explanation of our use case:
We are building out a large master project board that multiple teams with varying responsibilities will be accessing. In order to streamline the information they need to view and interact with, I’d like to provide each team with a saved view that hides all columns that don’t pertain to their particular responsibilities. This includes columns both in the main pulse and the subitems.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated! THANKS!

22 Likes

Hello,

Having the same problem.

help will be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@RyanSWS @Ozi

This is currently not supported. You can only hide the entire subitems column within the view. You are able to set column permissions within subitems(lock or hide them from certain users).

I tried to check the Subitems Product Plan but it won’t load currently. With that I can’t say if the feature you’re requesting is in the works or not. I’ll check back on this later, and if it’s not listed I’ll move this topic to Feature Request.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, @andrewalmand. Hoping to have this capability in the near future. Really impacts how we envisioned our approach to building our board structure.

2 Likes

Is this possible yet? I want to hide columns for subitems for the same reasons I want to hide columns for main items. Seems odd to not have this functionality for main items, but not subitems.

3 Likes

Hello, I am hoping this functionality is added soon as well! It would allow us to consolidate many boards that require the same type of information but have region-specific subitems.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of people who would like this functionality.

3 Likes

Yep, I too would find this feature helpful.

1 Like

I would also find this feature helpful!

1 Like

I agree with the others. I tried to hide sub items columns as well but found it wasn’t possible.

Thanks!

@andrewalmand is right to use the lock/hide feature for subitem columns in the meantime. I just used this and was able to create a shareable board that had both main items and subitems appropriately hidden. Since you can’t officially hide subitems the way you’d do it for main items, use the “hide” feature for subitems and only enable certain teams/members to see that particular column. I found it to be essentially the same function as the hide function for main items.

+1 vote for this functionality - THANKS!

Hi, I’m also wanting this feature as I have a board for stock tracking which uses subitems to track stock movement, and a LOT of subitem columns all running different formulas for different parameters which are summarised in the parent item.

Being able to hide the columns that are essentially “reference” columns would help me clean up my data a lot and make it a lot more palatable and presentable.

So count me as a vote towards this feature.

I’d also like this functionality. I’m using a few columns for deadline calculations in the subitems and would like to hide those columns from view.

How do you lock/hide the subitem column though?
I can’t seem to lock/hide it the same way I do other columns.
And it doesn’t show up in the “hide” or hidden columns menu at the top.

@valko you hit the 3 dots next to the sub item column heading, then settings, then you can select restrict column view and the eye with the cross through it should appear next to the column heading. Then you can click on the eye and select who can view the column. I think that’s it anyway.

A question for everyone…
this thread has been going since 2021. Has anyone at Monday.com every responded confirming that the ability to filter sub item columns in views is actually something that is going to happen? And if so is there a time line on it?

1 Like

Yeah, I would really appreciate the ability to hide sub-items columns when creating new views.

It doesn’t make sense to me that you can do that for main item columns, but not for sub-item columns. It’s pretty much the same functionally.

1 Like

was definitely a bummer to find out you can’t hide these. seems like a pretty basic feature, hopefully we’ll see something soon on it.

1 Like

Just ran into this issue in my search for a resolution. I too need the ability to hide subitem columns identically to how item columns are handled. So that’s a +1 from me!

1 Like