Linking 1+ dropdown values to items in another board

In one of our boards there is a dropdown column which may contain several ‘program objectives’.

These program objectives live in another board (board 2) as single line items. If we assume that the text is identical for the item names in board 2, is it possible to use make to identify each drop down item separately from board 1 when triggered, and then update a column value for each item in board 2. Ideally, I would like to drop the project name (the main item in board 1) into a link column in board 2 so updates to the project processed through the first board will be mirrored to the relevant lines in the second.

Is this possible?

Hi,

Yes this can be done, you can do this in Make.com or with the vlookup app from the app marketplace https://monday.com/marketplace/99.

Hope this helps

Thanks Joseph. I was actually looking for specific guidance with my make.com scenario I already have. I cant seem to set it up such that make.com identifies that there are two items in the drop column and then goes to find those two separate items in the second board.

Can you provide some help on the way to do this?

Hi,

If the secnario gets triggered when you select a new dropdown option you will need to use this function to get the newly added item

{{get(last(1.event.value.chosenValues); "name")}}

You will also need to add this filter before the module that is runnig your get function.

This filter function is to stop the scenario from running if you remove a item from the dropdown column, the condition is “If event value is greater than events previous value then proceed” see screenshot

If the secnario gets trigered via a status or button then you will need to use this function

{{map(1.event.value.chosenValues; "name")}}

Let me know if you need more help with this and I’ll DM you

Hi @James_Eadie,

This can be done with the VLOOKUP app.

With VLOOKUP, you can link dropdown values to items on another board.

1. Create a source board (Board 2) to list your program objectives.
  2. In your target board (Board 1), create a dropdown list that matches the item names in your source board.
  3. Determine the columns you want to connect between the two boards.
  4. Trigger the dropdown and watch as all the linked column values are automatically updated.

Following these steps, you can synchronize your data and ensure that your program objectives are accurately reflected on both boards.

If you need any assistance with VLOOKUP, don’t hesitate to contact our dedicated support team at appsupport@jetpackapps.co. Our team is always happy to help you with any queries or concerns.

Regards,
Cherryl

Thats awesome, thanks so much @JHconsultancy.
I have to admit, I am a little confused where to add the function at the top. My understanding of make.com is still in its infancy! Assuming it’s added within a monday module?