Monday App Integration Quickstart, "Failed to load options"

Hey there, Monday Apps novice here…

I completed the quickstart guide for creating a custom Monday App Integration Feature, but when trying to add the example integration (“When column changes transform it [to upper case/to lower case] into text column”) I get a “Failed to load options” message.

So far, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dev environment using the Monday quickstart guide and using the Monday example apps GitHub, installing all dependencies, and stopping and restarting the Node server, but have not been able to resolve the issue.

It’s possible I’m missing something obvious but cannot quite put my finger on what.

Hey! Here are some things to try:

#1 - Check if your URL is correct. If you restart the server, you’ll get a new tunnel URL. You need to keep that updated in your app config!

#2 - No useful errors on the client side. But are you getting any errors on the server side?

#3 - It’ll be useful to know if your server even gets the HTTP request. To do this, you can try logging each request in the console. Here’s how:

Start by adding a middleware function to src/routes/monday.js to log the request, so you can see what’s going on.

Your function can look like this:

async function loggerMiddleware (req, res, next) {
   let returnedData = await req.json()
   console.log(returnedData); // you may need to 
   next();
}

And then you’ll have to attach this middleware to each of your routes. Change lines 5-6 to this:

router.post('/monday/execute_action', loggerMiddleware, authenticationMiddleware, mondayController.executeAction);
router.post('/monday/get_remote_list_options', loggerMiddleware, authenticationMiddleware, mondayController.getRemoteListOptions);
1 Like

I am a noob. I had the same issue. Here are some screenshots they may help anybody else with the same issue in the future:

1. Create your new Integration feature

2. Copy the given npx command to your server command line

3. Copy the tunnel URL when the npx command completes (leave the command window open, the command is now running as a server)

4. Paste the tunnel URL to your “Feature Details” as your base URL.
    (Initially I pasted http://localhost:xxxx; this will not work and was one thing I was doing wrong)

5. Test that the tunnel URL is working in your browser
    (If it does not work try next step, then try this step again)

6. Try creating the integration in a board on Monday
    (If it doesn’t work try it again. I had to try this twice before it started to work)

Thank you so much @zsmidt for that explanation :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @sammyl, does that, or what Dipro suggested help?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hello @sammyl,

Welcome to the monday com community.

It is likely that you may have not followed all the steps when creating a custom monday app integration and that’s why you are getting ‘failed to load options’. I would suggest you get in touch with certified monday partners and seek help regarding monday.com integrations. Since experts are well-versed with integration recipes, they can help you build a custom integration in no time.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com

1 Like

Hi @sammyl,

I hope you’ve found the solution that works for you. Please do not hesitate to write in again if you continue to see any issues.

1 Like

I’m having this issue with the Jotform integration. Jotform told me that since I am on the enterprise plan, the integration won’t work because it doesn’t point to enterprise servers. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to this? I’m receiving an error “failed to load options” when trying to select the Jotform form to link Monday.com to.

Hello there,

In this case, we will need you to please send us an email to appsupport@monday.com with all the relevant information, including what you were told by Jotform’s team.

We can take a look from there :grin:

Looking forward to hearing from you via email!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like