Monday Docs: Insert Column Data from a specified/linked Pulse item (Request)

My team has wanted an updated version of the “Updates” section for forever now. While we may never get that, we are starting to really like the possibilities with the monday docs - especially since they can be built into a File column.

Right now, the only way to integrate items from a board is by showing the entire table (I realize I can filter, but it’s still manual).

It would be fantastic if, for a workdoc created from a pulse within a file column, if you could add a field from a pulse. This would offer a ton of opportunities to level up the visuals and create a more cohesive workspace.

I imagine it would look like this:

Step 1 - Link doc to a pulse item, or multiple

Step 2 - In the doc, type {Name} or {Formula} or whatever the column name is, similar to creating a formula, and have that information automatically pull into the doc.

I am working on a new discovery form for our sales team, and the ability to have this would be incredible so that we can autofill certain formulas. This also would allow the capability of creating a doc from a form.

Another use case: Ability to create a ‘hub’ for account management teams managing a book of clients. A place to store notes, see all prior activity, budgets, etc, without having to scroll to the right for days.

An extra ‘plus’ would be the ability to edit the column data from within the doc, with a two-way sync into the columns.

This. I have several docs that would be well served by this feature

2 Likes

Yes! We have several workflows that could make use of this functionality: employee reviews, meeting minutes, marketing proposals, project outlines, expense reporting, and more.

Would you guys also have the following need :
As soon as you pull the column data of the item in the doc, whenever a change happened in the item values, it has to be reflected in the doc ?
Is there also any automation need you have that would help you in this process?

3 Likes

Yes it has to be reflected. Also right now, when I try to update Monday docs via the API, it’s really problematic, especially when there are tables in them

1 Like

I NEED this feature! Currently we have a lot of redundancy. Our brand manager has to:

1. Fill out a form that generates the item
  2. Go to the workdocs column and fill out a kickoff brief for the item
  3. Retype all the information just entered into the form into the kickoff brief.

When I go to export the workdoc to save/share it with others, I want to be able to include other data that was filled out via the form.

If I could have my brand manager just open the document instead, and fill it all out there (like a mirrored column), then she would 1. only have to type it once and 2. could see all her information per project on her brief document.

But another version of this would be using pulses in the template to bring it in from the initial form, which would still be a great headache-reducer.

Would be EXTREMELY useful for us! :pray:

2 Likes