Mutable link to columns, etc. (validation as well)

Can you update link to columns through API v2? It would be nice if there were automation’s that if column values were empty, we could provide notification at a minimum.

Thoughts? Doable now or is there a potential timeline for functionality like this. When I started with the Monday product; I would have thought it was a more mature platform. Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of great features, but there is lots of typical features that are still non-existent. Automation’s need to be beefed up as quickly as possible.

Thanks…

4 Likes

Hey Kevin, totally hear you. We’re putting a lot of resources into making automations a really robust part of our platform. I haven’t heard of the request to not notify someone if column values were empty, but this sounds pretty cool. Can you tell me more about what exactly you’re looking for, so I can pass this along to the Product team?

As for the API and link to item column, adding support for all our columns is on our roadmap :slight_smile: Stay tuned!

My use case for being able to be notify of an empty column would be that I need a column to be populated but I only have 24 hours to populate it, so it would be nice to notified if a column is empty after a certain time period has lapsed.

I hope that makes sense.

Charles,

My use case was that if the values in multiple columns (5) were all equal to a certain value then I wanted to update the status to closed; which would then fire another automation to move the item to another group (closed). I specifically tested items in certain groups for this condition. At the time I could not utilize any existing Monday automations; so using Visual Studio I built a console application using C# and available Monday API’s to perform this check. I automated it to run on a server (using scheduled tasks) multiple times a day. It works ok for what we needed and I am not sure if there has been any automation updates by Monday that would let you do this from within the platform. I am sure you could do something similar for your use case…

Regards,

Kevin

cde_registeredtrademark_0f838930-a72c-46ec-a9d0-e4cf666f1a04.png

Kevin Fogarty
Director of IT Solutions
1200 Williams Dr Ste 1210
Marietta, Ga 30066
Ph: 678-504-8746 Fx: 678-540-4737
www.CDESolutions.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

Hey @calvis.
You can use our General Caster app to create a formula that can be used as input for a following automation.
For example:

1. Create a new Status column with two colors/values that then you will hide.

1. Add a new General Caster formula recipe and use this formula: IF({item.testo0}="","NOGO","GO") (change item.testo0 to the correct column name).

1. Add a notification automation to notify someone if text is empty after 24 hours.

1 Like

Hey @kfogarty.
You can do that with General Caster as well.