Notification automation linked to a certain column value

Hi all, is it possible to set up an automation that does this:
check every day if a date column is empty (or a formula column is true, or a formula column cointain a certain value) and notify the owner of this?

We would like to ensure that users are reminded to fill in some empty columns which are not punctually filled in but which are important.

Despite continuous internal prompts, certain values are never populated and I would like to automate the notification.

Thanks

Hey @smderox,

try this :

1. Set up a ā€œToday dateā€ Date

2. Set your notification up

2.1 Every day at 8am

2.2 Notify if Date (the Date you want to watch) is empty

Let us know,

LĆ©andre

Thank you Leandre for your hint and help.

What i really need to do is something different.

Iā€™ve set up a ā€œcolumā€ (letā€™s call it status_check) with a formula that check Ƭf another colum (letā€™s call it origin) has been filled with some value or has been left empty assigning 2 different value:

1. ā€œokā€ if there is any value in the ā€œoriginā€ column
  2. ā€œNokā€ if there isnā€™t any value in the "origin column

And this is the easisest part.

What iā€™d like to set up now is an automation that notify the owner of the task, that left a ā€œcompulsaryā€ field blank and this should occur if the value in the status_check column is reported ā€œnokā€

Hope I was clear in describing the problem

Thank again for help if possibile

If you can create a status column that defaults to Nok and an automation that updates the status to OK when the required column changes (i.e. an entry was made) , then you can use the automation (under ā€œItem creationā€ in the automations center) ā€œEvery time period, if status is something, notify someone.ā€

1 Like

Susan thank you so much Iā€™ll go for your solutions since it looks like exactly what we are looking for !!!