Set Automations and push next action date with a time

I’m using a plug in to Send SMS and Voice messages. I start the workflow with a status change and the status change then sets the date in the next column for the next auto SMS / Call. When this date arrives the SMS/ Call in made and the status is updated which triggers the next date action to be updated with a +1day action.
As these are Calls and SMS I want the automation to make these calls at specific times but the automation doesn’t seem to allow me to include any time peramiters. Obviously don’t want calls to be made to prospects outside of my operating hours. Is there any way to include this?

Hi Ian,

Are you still happy with your set up? Which plug in did you go with? Did you have to assign new mobile numbers to users for this to be successful?

Take care,
Carrie

hi Carrie,

I changed the way I had the set up.

I have a status Column with my list of canned SMS names,
I then have integrations set with the Twilio integration to send the SMS on status change.

I have then added automations similar to this:
2 Days after Lead date at 10:00
and only if item is in New Lead Group
Then set SMS Msg to WE STILL HAVE NOT SPOKEN

I then duplicate this automation for the next day etc to change the SMS to a new template at a new time.

4 Days after Lead date at 14:00
and only if item is in New Lead Group
Then set SMS Msg to WE ARE CLOSING YOUR ENQUIRY IF WE DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU

This way I can control what time the messages are sent and ensure they go out at times where I know calls will be anwered if the lead responds.