Subitems: templates, multiple groups, multiple subitem columns

We need templates in subitems. Automatically display predefined pulses in subitems.

There should be multiple groups within subitems.

I would like to see multiple subitem columns (not to be confused with adding another column in subitems. For example, we use a board to track all the events our company attends. Each event (pulse) has multiple tasks associated, this is where we use the subitem. We need to store more relevant information about the event. We want a separate subitem column with all the financial information which rolls up to the main pulse. This info should not be viewed with the other subitems because the subitem column types are completely different.

I agree! This would be extremely helpful. We keep our clients in a board, It would be helpful to have a projects subcolumn, and a billing info subcolumn.

100% agree that we should be able to create separate groupings of subitems with multiple column headers - drop down for to-do during production phases vs platforms to launch on for marketing campaigns. I also think that having the ability to delete subitems or at least hide them as the item moves from group to group would be great! then as the status of something changes and the item moved to a new group in the board, relevant subitems for that phase can populate and have different columns than the previous group.

I’d really like to see the ability to use a normal board as a subitem board. Pretty much like connect boards but show the connected items as subitems.

I’d like to be able to define subitem templates to be able to select a template per item’s subitems. This is confusing to try to explain, but basically I have a Marketing Tasks Board and I’d like to be able to create and item for “Label Order” and then have the subitems have columns like “Label Size, Label Type, QR Results, etc” with predefined Status column options. Then have another “template” for a Display Ad Campaign with subitems that have columns like “Ad Size, Display Analytics, etc.”

I could do something LIKE this currently, but would have sloppy column headers that don’t translate well to the content in the columns and would most likely run out of Status options, as they are limited to a given number/colors. Hiding the irrelevant columns doesn’t work because it’ll hide them for all subitems, including the ones were I’d want them to be visible.

Subitems are a nice direction, but they are quite limited as of right now.

And I’d like to have an option for subitems to replicate the parent item columns. Thanks!

Yes, multiple subitems would be fantastic. Here is just one reason:

I have a board with my student caseload. I already have one subitem dedicated to tracking eligibility categories because those vary from 1 to 3 items per student (and is usually just 1)… so setting up item columns for 3 items for each student (category, eligibility date, re-eligibility date, and so on) would tend to result in empty clutter. But each student also has a list of tasks associated with them, and that also needs a set of subitems.

Hey everyone!

We sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to this thread! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance :pray:

On that note, I wanted to draw your attention to the subitems template app in our apps marketplace:

We definitely encourage you to check out the app in the marketplace incase it’s relevant, while we work on supporting this particular request natively!

Currently, extremely limiting. You can’t add columns or or multiple people. And no grouping options.