Time Tracking Column and start/stop Logic

Hello. I am setting up a board that use the Time Tracking Column to count time spent on a task. The task can span multiple days. The Timer is set to stop when a certain Status column has a specific value. This all works fine, but I need some logic to go with this to implement it.

A normal working day (at least here in Norway) starts at 09:00 and ends at 16:00
We normally work from Monday to Friday

I need the Timer to start automatically at 09:00 on Mondays, and pause from 16:00 to 09:00 the next working day … then resume the operation. On Fridays it will pause at 16:00, and not start again before Monday morning at 09:00

This will go on until the timer stops based on a specific status change.

I really hopes that this is possible, and that someone of you fine people can assist me in setting it up.

Thanks in advance. Nils

2 Likes

Hi,

I have the same problem, as I dont want to have my colleagues to manually start and stop the timer.
So if someone starts a task friday evening and finishes it monday in the morning, the timer will track somthing like 36 hours, when it should actually be a few hours only.
I don’t know how we can manage this issue?

1 Like

I have simular problem. Team is working on a bunch of items and it happens that sometimes forget to change the status of the item to stop time tracking. Would it be possible to change status of all (sub) items in a specific status (for example in progress) to a different status (e.g. on hold) every day after 6 PM?

Hey @nmalexandersen ~ Welcome to the Community! :wave:

At the moment, we do not have the internal capabilities to change a status at X time everyday, although I definitely see the use case here!

To help show your support for adding this capability, I would encourage you to share your thoughts in the Feature Feedback section of the Community.

I was also able to find this post that might offer you a solution: Time Tracking Working Days

Something you can try as well would be to use one of our 3rd party platform integrations to build your own integration or automation:

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own automation using our API:

If you need additional support on our APIs or apps platform, I would recommend doing a search for your question in our developer community here. You can also post to the community to get help from other monday.com developers.

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna