Time Tracking only during the work day

Hi,

I have time tracking set with an automation to start when a Status turns to “active” and stop when Status is set as “complete”. Is there any way to, within this automation, only have the time tracker record from the hours of 9am-6pm? Thanks in advance.

Hi

I think you could resolve this with using a date column.

When you start time, set also the date to today. Then another rule could be.
When date arrives at 7pm (the end of business hour) and Status is … then change the status to … or stop time tracking… AND push the date to tomorrow.
Then you need a third rule to restart timtracking.
When date is today at 9am and status is … then start time.

I haven’t completely tried this out, but maybe it gives you a new idea.

Best,
Sami

2 Likes

Hey @oboothhowe! Good question.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to limit the time tracker to record only during today.

You might be able to use the formula column and an IF statement to do something like this, like “IF time tracking starts during x hours, output time tracking, otherwise 0”.

Has there been any update to this? We have a time tracker that tracks the time in a “Hold” status which can consist of multiple time periods. I would really like for the time tracking to stop during weekends but cannot find a way to do this. Hoping I am just overlooking something.

Hi!
I found a solution, however it is quite convoluted. Firstly, on the board with your time tracking, create 2 separate date columns. 1 that is set to the current date, and 1 that is set to tomorrows date.
-then apply the following automations to the two columns

This pushes the 2 dates back 1 day. the first automation, you should set as 5:00pm and the second, set as 9:00am. This however, still applies during weekends. So what you need to do is create a separate board that mirrors to the original.

• i have a status, date and mirror column. With the date, apply the following automation.

This will show the current date. For the next step, you will need the integration “general caster” to cast formulas into columns and apply this automation

with this formula IF(OR(WEEKDAY({item’s IGNORE}) = 1, WEEKDAY({item’s IGNORE}) = 7), SWITCH(WEEKDAY({item’s IGNORE}), 1, “Weekend”, 7, “Weekend”, “”), “”)

Then on the original board, apply the mirror and create a mirror status with the connection. Then create this automation

Hope this helps!