Trying to use FORMULA column to format a date so that it displays properly in Docugen, failing miserably

Hi folks,
So I am trying to create a contract template using Docugen and so far its working fine. However, the date column displays as follows in the resulting document
2021-08-14. Year, Month, Date. This is fine for USA.
However, I would like it to appear as Day, Date, Month, Year in a more conversational view.
I thought if I used the date column to select my date I could change it using the formula column and then have Docugen look there for parsing the date.
I am new to formulas but saw the FORMAT_DATE formula.
However, when trying to make it work, I can’t.
Here is a sample from the formula column: FORMAT_DATE (TODAY (), “dddd, MMMM Do YYYY”)
This returns todays date in the right format.
I want the formula to do this to another column on the board.
I’ve tried this: FORMAT_DATE ({Agreement Date} (), “dddd, MMMM Do YYYY”), where Agreement Date is the date column I would like to format but I get the stubborn red exclamation mark which is driving me nuts.
What comma, colon, bracket is missing in order for this formula to work?
Thanks for any help in advance!!! :slight_smile:

@weareborg,

You’re close. Try:

FORMAT_DATE({Agreement Date}, "dddd, MMMM Do YYYY")

No joy, strangely! I’ve double checked the column is correct, and tried the above formula. Still getting an error. Whats odd is when I did it on another board it worked, once and then stopped also. I wonder if there has been any syntax changes or anything?

Actually the example formula doesn’t even work now?
FORMAT_DATE (TODAY (), “dddd, MMMM Do YYYY”)
Gives me an error also…

@weareborg,

Simple answer, retype the quote marks and remove the space after FORMAT_DATE

If you used my post text before I edited it, it’s because mine were incorrect at first.

You should be able to use the text now. Here it is again:

FORMAT_DATE({Agreement Date}, "dddd, MMMM Do YYYY")

It works! Thanks a million! :slight_smile:

Hey Kenneth - Sami here, DocuGen founder. DocuGen doesn’t (yet) support the function FORMAT_DATE(). Here is a workaround that might help for date formatting:

If it doesn’t meet your needs, let me know and I will dig up some alternative.

Cheers @samicaracand. I used the formula suggested by @JCorrell above and it works a treat.
Appreciate your input!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.