Working with Board Folders in API v2

Hello fellow humans,

I’m struggling with creating boards via the API in a way that keeps them organised, any assistance from those in the know would be appreciated.

My desired outcome;
Create a board from a template, have it placed in a folder, set up it’s permissions to specific users - all via the API.

My issues;
API v2 doesn’t appear to have any query/mutator for;

• Folder creation
  • Folder editing
  • Moving a board into a folder
  • Creating a board within a folder
  • Querying board permissions/subscriptions
  • Updating board permissions/subscriptions

Is there some secret sauce I’m missing?

2 Likes

Hey @grt-s :slight_smile: Great point, thanks for sharing your use case!

At the moment it’s not possible to move boards into folders or access board permissions via the API. However, it’s a request we’ve seen already and is on our roadmap as something we want to add. @basdebruin has also been asking for this functionality via our API too!

1 Like

Indeed same requests here. I can create a set of boards but want to:

• create a folder
  • move the newly created boards to that folder
  • invite guests
  • set permission
    And the one I miss from @grt-s list is to set ownership.
2 Likes

Interested in this feature as well

Hi Dipro,

Any update on this feature request’s inclusion in the API?

Is there a webpage, post, etc that I can follow to learn when new features are added to the API?

I have exactly the same use case.

@dipro Are there any updates on this request? where I can see the most recent changes/updates to the API v2?

I have the same use case:

• create as board from template (or other board)
  • end up with that board in a folder in a specified workspace

any update?

Yes please, it’s such a big pain!!!

Hi, is there a status update on this? Is there a recipe that helps create folders or an API call?

1 Like

@dipro Do you have any updates on this? Please reply either way, thanks!

Hello all!

Matias from Monday here. It is not likely for this feature to be implemented in the near future. Having said that, we are closely monitoring our users’ feedback and we really appreciate your inputs.

I will make sure our product team is aware of this need.

Also, I recommend checking our Changelog every now and then to see if there is an update to this in a few months.

Cheers,

-Matias

Throwing my name into the hat on this one.

Seems weird to not have this. I have the same use case as most on this thread.

Tossing my name into the hat here with this feature - working with larger scale businesses, this is becoming increasingly annoying not being able to automate the process of creating and moving boards between folders.

1 Like

im a firm believer if you can do it in the UI you should be able to do it in the API. The UI is talking to some sort of API :wink:

3 Likes

This is a must have. We already have permissions, but folders are still missing. +1

Same use case, different flavor. We use workspaces for internal projects and need to fully automate their creation. We are currently able to do everything we need through the API, except create folders. It feels like an oversight that we can specify the folder_id when creating a board, but can only retrieve folder ids manually through the UI or through a query { boards { board_folder_id } } API call. The API call is deceptive in its utility here too, since it only works for a board that’s already in the target folder, which does us no good when building a workspace from scratch.

+1 for folder creation through the API.

Hello everyone!

Your votes have been added and I have shared them with our team :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hi all,

Same use case here :raised_hand:

Yes! Thank you, @Matias.Monday!

Hello,

All your votes have been added towards this request :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias