+1 count on certain status

Hi, I am aiming to use a Monday.com board to track staff holiday and sick days - See screen shot below.

I have made a group for a month, added 31 columns with status boxes for ‘Holiday, sickness, weekend’ etc and I would like to be able to have a ‘Holiday total’ column at the beginning. It would need to be able to count how many times there was a ‘Holiday’ status in that month, but I can’t figure out the best way to do it.

Ideally the ‘Count’ would carry over from month to month, as I will have a new ‘group’ for each Month.
Any advice would be great, and I hope that makes sense!

1 Like

Hey @NLG ~ Welcome to the Community! :wave:

To calculate the number of times the status label “Holiday” appears in an item, you would need to create a formula that checks for the status in each column, gives that column a “1” if it appears, and then add the results together:

However, this is is not something you could have “carry-over” to a new month for a new group as each item is unique and will only take the item it is a part of into account when calculating.

With that in mind, can you elaborate on why you need this information to carry-over each month so I can better understand what possible solutions we have for you?

In the meantime, you may find some helpful information in one of our formula support articles:

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna