Ability to lock Groups

I would like to see the ability to lock individual groups so that they can only be edited by defined users once they are closed.

We typically work on project sprints and for audit purposes it would be great if we can close off a sprint and lock down its state once it is completed so that other aren’t able to add new items or change items with that sprint once it has been completed. This would ensure that new / updated items have to be added back into the backlog.

Hey sharvey - We use groups that flow through firstly quotes production and finally invoicing. I’d also find it really useful to lock groups when we have finished quoting and like wise when they have been used for final invoicing. We often have to reference this groups historically and do not want them to always be ‘live’ or ‘editable’.

Agree with the need. I now have to create new boards every time a group completes its life cycle and it’s incredibly polluting and counter-productive.

The feature is still needed. Any feedback from Monday on this?

YESSS PLZ!
I have made some Template groups on the boards which get duplicated and I’d really like to lock people from changing those specific groups!

Does Monday.com even look at these requests? Its over 3 years since this was posted? clearly a need for this as were talking about it 3 years later…