Ability to Modify Default Report Settings on Dashboards

Hi everyone,

I wanted to discuss an aspect of dashboard management in Monday.com that I believe could be improved. Currently, when adding a new panel to a dashboard, the default settings for reports within that panel need to be manually configured each time. This manual approach becomes increasingly time-consuming and inefficient, especially when dealing with multiple panels and various report configurations.

It would be highly beneficial if we had the ability to modify and set default report settings on a dashboard level, so that new panels automatically inherit these settings. The current manual way of adjusting report settings for each panel individually is not logical, especially when dealing with a substantial number of panels.

By allowing the customization of default report settings on a dashboard level, we can eliminate the need for repetitive manual adjustments and save a significant amount of time and effort. Imagine having 20+ panels, each requiring different report configurations. It becomes a cumbersome and time-consuming task to update the settings of each panel individually.

Possible Use Cases:

• When creating a new panel, having the option to specify default columns, sorting, grouping, and visualization settings for reports.
  • Creating a dashboard template with pre-configured reports, allowing new panels to automatically adopt those settings.
  • Implementing custom automations to automatically configure report settings for new panels based on predefined rules.

I believe this feature enhancement would greatly enhance the user experience and provide more flexibility in managing dashboards effectively. It would empower users to focus more on their project-specific configurations rather than repetitive report adjustments.

Let’s make this idea a reality! If you also find this feature valuable and want to see it implemented in Monday.com, please support this request by voting and sharing your thoughts. Together, we can make a difference in improving the platform.

Looking forward to your feedback and insights!

Best regards,
Bashar ALISH