Add user to team via API

Over at https://monday.com/developers/v2 I find a number of calls that allow me to get information about teams and users. What I don’t find is any way to make changes to the users.

I have a new team that I need to add nearly all of my users to. Support tells me that there’s no (easy) way in the GUI, so I was hoping that there was some way via the API.

I don’t see it.

Is there any API access to MODIFY users or teams?

Hey @Knobee – welcome to the community!

I’m afraid at the moment our API doesn’t support programatically adding or removing users from a given team. You’ll need to manually add them via the GUI.

If you happen to be using SSO with Okta or OneLogin you can sync teams from your IdP to your monday.com account, but that’s only relevant if you happen to have that set up… Here’s more information on SCIM provisioning.

SSO via AD (Azure). No-joy.

Alas. Either way, I’ll pass this along as feedback to our team – if it gets a lot of +1s we’ll include it in an upcoming iteration!

2 Likes

This would be huge for my team. Especially if we could also have nested teams.

I spent a couple of hours today creating teams of 30-70 people one person at a time.

3 Likes

following, we are searching a solution about this here also

1 Like

I also stumbled on the same problem. I have no problems adding users to the board, but when it comes to add members on an specific team, I haven’t seen any solution.

Hello @rogeralmengor!

I have added your vote to this :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hey community and @dipro and @Matias.Monday !

Can’t we still add or remove users programatically from API ?

Hello @onurbolaca,

Add or remove users from where?

@Matias.Monday ,

I want to add the user if not exist while making data migration from MAKE to MONDAY,

I need to see my user in “All Users” here;

I can’t see any post/put operation in API documentation also;

Does this mean we can’t still add or remove users programatically from API ?

Hello again @onurbolaca,

Ohh. You want to add or delete the user to/from the account.

What you said is correct. There are no mutations to add or delete users to/from the account via API.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

I’m just double checking this request is still in flight and the last comment was just a comment for clarification and not an outcome.
We have 300+ users and I need them to be in teams of All Staff, Pod XYZ, Team ABC, etc., etc.
I too would much prefer if I could add teams to teams, so I can add them in one team and inheritance does the rest. But with that lacking, I need an effective way of onboarding people into all the teams they need to be in without a person having to read a guide and manually add them (duplication) to many teams.
Surely this is a low hanging fruit to have a mutation ability for teams like there is most other things.
Cheers

Hi @Mitch.Poyser,

That is correct. We still do not support adding users to a team via the API. Currently, we support adding users and teams to either a board or workspace.

I’ve added your vote to this feature request. We will provide updates when this capability becomes available!

Just an FYI this request thread is lagging reality - its here Teams

Hey @codyfrisch,

Thanks for following up on this! I also just marked the FR as released :smiley:

Best,
Rachel