Adding Automations to move items from different boards to another board

I am a marketing coordinator and have a question regarding linking several boards together and in that category here is my question: Let’s say I want to move a row from one group from Board A after a status or date has changed, to a group on Board B as a subitem rather than a regular row. Can this be done? If so, would I use an automation or an integration?
Has anyone done this for project management task purposes? If I can get an answer in a day or two, that would be great!

Thank you!

@bramirez

The is no standard mechanism in base monday to do that and no app that I am aware of that can do that. I would suggest looking at creating a custom solution to do that. I happen to be partial to the Make platform. See: What is Make & How can it help you with monday?

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Mirror Magic: NumbersNew Copy summarized mirror columns
:magic_wand: Update Magic #1 – The update enhancement toolbox
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles: – The magical columns toolbox
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

2 Likes

Hey @bramirez

We developed an app called subitem automations that provides robust automation capabilities to subitems. It also includes the ability to convert an item in Board A to a subitem in board B here’s an example →

You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!