Adding Files in bulk

Does anyone know if there is a way to add files (from computer and/or Google Drive) in bulk? In other words, When selecting more than one row, can you add a file for all selected rows? See attached.

Open to alternative ideas too! Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @AmyGray - There is no native way to do this. Can you provide a bit more background about the business need for adding the same file to multiple rows? Perhaps there is a better way to make the file available than uploading it multiple times.

Hi @AmyGray :wave:

I agree with @PolishedGeek - it would be great to understand a little more about your use case here in order to provide the most useful suggestions.

That said, if you’re looking to have the same file added to every item (e.g. a PDF that must be sent to via the email integration) you could use the item default values feature.
This would allow you to upload the file once to the default values and then have it automatically added to every new item on the board.

You can find this feature in the header of the board:

You can then upload the file to the column you’d like it to appear in.

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :smiley:

Best,

Dani

Hi,
Sure thing. What i am looking to uploaded to multiple items is a Creative Brief (in the form of a Google sheet). Several items that are listed in monday.com share the same exact Creative Brief (google sheet). Ideally, I would like to upload the one brief in bulk.

Hope that provides clarity.

Hi,

I’ll test this out to see if this helps. Please see my reply to @PolishedGeek for more details on my request. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks.

Hi @Dani & the whole Monday team;

Related to this request, is there a good way to mass import 1 file for each item, with basic mapping?

E.g. say I have 3 items:
Item A
Item B
Item C

and a folder with:
A.pdf
B.pdf
C.pdf

What’s my best option for quickly uploading each of these files to the appropriate item?

Cheers

1 Like

also curiuous if this is possible… any answers here? basically trying to load legacy contracts

Hey @jtunney + @JackNagy,

Mass importing of files to multiple items still isn’t supported I am afraid - apologies for the setback! At this time, as Dani mentioned, we’d recommend utilising item default values so that the file automatically uploads for new items

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 12.33.10 pm

That said, we understand this isn’t ideal for existing items and will communicate this internally with our product team :pray:

1 Like